Обсуждение: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
leaf_yxj
Дата:
My company want to setup automatically startup database. For oracle database,
there is a bullitin script and configuration of auto start when the server
boot or reboot? Hi Guys, Please help. Thanks. Regards.Grace

Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
David Johnston
Дата:
PostgreSQL runs on numerous operating systems.  If you do not specify which one you are using, as well as how you went
aboutinstalling PostgreSQl, no one is going to be able to help you.  The  PostgreSQL version would probably help as
well.

David J.

On Apr 27, 2012, at 10:26, leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj@163.com> wrote:

> My company want to setup automatically startup database. For oracle database,
> there is a bullitin script and configuration of auto start when the server
> boot or reboot? Hi Guys, Please help. Thanks. Regards.Grace

Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
yxj
Дата:
David, Thanks for your reminder. My database version is 8.2.15. And My os platform is Linux 5.5.  Thanks I really appreciate it. Grace

At 2012-04-27 22:36:51,"David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com> wrote: >PostgreSQL runs on numerous operating systems.  If you do not specify which one you are using, as well as how you went about installing PostgreSQl, no one is going to be able to help you.  The  PostgreSQL version would probably help as well. > >David J. > >On Apr 27, 2012, at 10:26, leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj@163.com> wrote: > >> My company want to setup automatically startup database. For oracle database, >> there is a bullitin script and configuration of auto start when the server >> boot or reboot? Hi Guys, Please help. Thanks. Regards.Grace >>  >> -- >> View this message in context: http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/how-to-set-up-automatically-startup-database-when-the-server-boot-or-reboot-tp5670442p5670442.html >> Sent from the PostgreSQL - general mailing list archive at Nabble.com. >>  >> --  >> Sent via pgsql-general mailing list (pgsql-general@postgresql.org) >> To make changes to your subscription: >> http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-general

网易Lofter,专注兴趣,分享创作!

On Apr 27, 2012, at 10:26, leaf_yxj <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My company want to setup automatically startup database. For oracle database,
> there is a bullitin script and configuration of auto start when the server
> boot or reboot? Hi Guys, Please help. Thanks. Regards.Grace

NAML

网易Lofter,专注兴趣,分享创作!

Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
leaf_yxj
Дата:
David, Thanks for your reminder. My database version is 8.2.15. And My os
platform is Linux 5.5.  Thanks I really appreciate it. Grace

Re: Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
Alban Hertroys
Дата:
On 27 April 2012 16:47, leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj@163.com> wrote:
> David, Thanks for your reminder. My database version is 8.2.15. And My os
> platform is Linux 5.5.  Thanks I really appreciate it. Grace

There is no such thing as Linux 5.5.

But since you're on _a_ Linux distribution (there are many), you'll
probably find some script in /etc/init.d/ that's used to start the DB
at boot. Check the documentation of your OS for how to go about that.

Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
"David Johnston"

FYI: While is won’t impact this particular response the 8.2 release is no longer supported.

Also, Linux has various flavors and while they are similar in many ways the distribution that you are using is good information to provide.

I will assume you installed PostgreSQL via a package manager but you should also state that explicitly.

Dave

David, Thanks for your reminder. My database version is 8.2.15. And My os platform is Linux 5.5.  Thanks I really appreciate it. Grace

At 2012-04-27 22:36:51,"David Johnston" <polobo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>PostgreSQL runs on numerous operating systems.  If you do not specify which one you are using, as well as how you went about installing PostgreSQl, no one is going to be able to help you.  The  PostgreSQL version would probably help as well.
>David J.
>On Apr 27, 2012, at 10:26, leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj@163.com> wrote:
>> My company want to setup automatically startup database. For oracle database,
>> there is a bullitin script and configuration of auto start when the server
>> boot or reboot? Hi Guys, Please help. Thanks. Regards.Grace
>>
>> --

网易Lofter,专注兴趣,分享创作!

Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
leaf_yxj
Дата:
My os is redhat linux 5.5. And My database is greenplum 4.2.1( postgresql
8.2.15).  I will take a look about the init.d directory.

Thanks. Guys. Any opinion is welcome. Please help.

Re: Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
"hb@101-factory.eu"
Дата:
are there any usefull startup script when eiunning in master slave setup with pg pool?

Henk

On 27 apr. 2012, at 19:22, leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj@163.com> wrote:

> My os is redhat linux 5.5. And My database is greenplum 4.2.1( postgresql
> 8.2.15).  I will take a look about the init.d directory.
>
> Thanks. Guys. Any opinion is welcome. Please help.

Re: Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
Michael Nolan
Дата:
Your options range from doing something simple to something complex.

A simple option on a Linux server would be placing a command like this in /etc/rc/rc.local:

su - postgres -C "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D ;/usr/local/pgsql/data -l /usr/local/pgsql/logfile start"

However, that might not be the optimal choice for every situation, because it doesn't take into account WHY the system rebooted.  A system that rebooted because of a power/UPS issue might need to be treated differently than one that rebooted because of a hardware failure or kernel panic.  (And just because postgres can restart the database, that doesn't always mean it should.  Even a well-written startup script might not know enough to make that decision for you.)

This might be good material for a tutorial on the wiki site, with some system-specific sections.
--
Mike Nolan

Re: Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 04/27/12 10:22 AM, leaf_yxj wrote:
> My os is redhat linux 5.5. And My database is greenplum 4.2.1( postgresql
> 8.2.15).  I will take a look about the init.d directory.

greenplum is a highly modified and custom version of postgres, you
should consult with them as to how they have it setup.

the standard postgresql distributions for RHEL/CentOS come with the
SysVinit scripts, you merely need to..

     # chkconfig postgresql-9.1 on
     # service postgresql-9.1 start

to configure it to autostart with the OS, and to start it right now.

Re: Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
"Welty, Richard"

in the RHEL and related linux systems (Fedora, CentOS, Amazon EC2 Linux), use this
command:

    chkconfig postgresql on

to set up postgresql to start at boot. it needs to be executed as root.

richard

On 2012-04-27, leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj@163.com> wrote:
> My os is redhat linux 5.5. And My database is greenplum 4.2.1( postgresql
> 8.2.15).  I will take a look about the init.d directory.

if you installed it from the RPM repository it should have installed all it
needs.

In redhat there should be a command "ntsysv" that lets you select what
services to start on boot  the controls are the cursor keys, tab, and
space.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: how to set up automatically startup database when the server boot or reboot.

От
leaf_yxj
Дата:
Hi Guys, I got the support from Greenplum. I will give a feedback to
everybody after I test. Thanks.

They told me to add in /etc/rc.d.