Обсуждение: Web-based Graphical Query Building Tool for PostgreSQL

Web-based Graphical Query Building Tool for PostgreSQL

От
Caleb Palmer
Дата:
Hi all,

My company sells software that uses PostgreSQL and the need has come up to provide a tool that gives our clients access to query the database but we don't want to expect these users to be able to use SQL.  Is there a product out there that provides a graphical query builder?  Preferably web-based.  I know that Pgadmin as a graphical query building.

Thanks in advance,
Caleb Palmer

Re: Web-based Graphical Query Building Tool for PostgreSQL

От
Joseph Marlin
Дата:
phpPgAdmin works great for me! You can do most simple queries without any SQL, including add, select, update, sort
(orderby), alter, create, drop, etc etc. All that can be done just by clicking buttons and labels in the browser. There
isthe ability to execute actual SQL queries if your users know how. http://phppgadmin.sourceforge.net/doku.php?id=start

Re: Web-based Graphical Query Building Tool for PostgreSQL

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 13/07/2011 9:02 PM, Caleb Palmer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My company sells software that uses PostgreSQL and the need has come up
> to provide a tool that gives our clients access to query the database
> but we don't want to expect these users to be able to use SQL.  Is there
> a product out there that provides a graphical query builder?  Preferably
> web-based.  I know that Pgadmin as a graphical query building.

Check out iReport builder, Crystal Reports, etc.

If you need query building for purposes other than reporting, I'm not
really sure where to go for that.

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers
276 Onslow Rd, Shenton Park
Ph: 08 9381 3088     Fax: 08 9388 2258
ABN: 50 008 917 717
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/

Re: Web-based Graphical Query Building Tool for PostgreSQL

От
Sim Zacks
Дата:
On 07/13/2011 04:02 PM, Caleb Palmer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My company sells software that uses PostgreSQL and the need has come
> up to provide a tool that gives our clients access to query the
> database but we don't want to expect these users to be able to use
> SQL.  Is there a product out there that provides a graphical query
> builder?  Preferably web-based.  I know that Pgadmin as a graphical
> query building.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Caleb Palmer
Open Office Base has a graphical query interface similar to MS Access.
I wouldn't say its a perfect environment, but it may be what you need.

Sim