Обсуждение: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE

Performance Monitoring of PostGRE

От
BangarRaju Vadapalli

Hi Everybody,

   We want to monitor the performance of PostGRE database. Could anyone please suggest any tools tried/working successfully…

1.       We want AWR kind of report in Postgres

2.       We would like to do CPU Utilization monitoring based on the postgres processes

Thanks in Advance!!!

-Bangar Raju

Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 14:27 +0530, BangarRaju Vadapalli wrote:
>    We want to monitor the performance of PostGRE database

I am not aware of a database called PostGRE.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE

От
devrim@gunduz.org
Дата:
This message has been digitally signed by the sender.
Вложения

Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE

От
Bill Moran
Дата:

> Hi Everybody,
>
>    We want to monitor the performance of PostGRE database. Could anyone please suggest any tools tried/working
successfully...

> 1.       We want AWR kind of report in Postgres

You shouldn't use common acronyms in a question like this.  I have no idea
what AWR means, and a google search didn't turn up anything related to
databases.

On a wild guess, check out pgfouine.  I've found that it does an
excellent job of reporting on what the DB is up to.

> 2.       We would like to do CPU Utilization monitoring based on the postgres processes

I don't know of any PostgreSQL-specific tools for this, and it wouldn't
(in my opinion) really make any sense anyway.  This is the OS's job, and
(depending on your OS) there are lots of tools available on the OS side.
You didn't mention what OS you're using, so I can't really suggest much.

FYI, to follow up on another post.  "postgre" is not really an acceptable
shortening of PostgreSQL.  "postgres" is generally accepted, although there
seem to be some people who dislike that as well.  "PG" or "PGSQL" also seem
to be generally accepted shortenings of the name, but for some reason
there seem to be a lot of people who dislike "postgre".

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE