Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> Hi Everybody,
>
>    We want to monitor the performance of PostGRE database. Could anyone please suggest any tools tried/working
successfully...

> 1.       We want AWR kind of report in Postgres

You shouldn't use common acronyms in a question like this.  I have no idea
what AWR means, and a google search didn't turn up anything related to
databases.

On a wild guess, check out pgfouine.  I've found that it does an
excellent job of reporting on what the DB is up to.

> 2.       We would like to do CPU Utilization monitoring based on the postgres processes

I don't know of any PostgreSQL-specific tools for this, and it wouldn't
(in my opinion) really make any sense anyway.  This is the OS's job, and
(depending on your OS) there are lots of tools available on the OS side.
You didn't mention what OS you're using, so I can't really suggest much.

FYI, to follow up on another post.  "postgre" is not really an acceptable
shortening of PostgreSQL.  "postgres" is generally accepted, although there
seem to be some people who dislike that as well.  "PG" or "PGSQL" also seem
to be generally accepted shortenings of the name, but for some reason
there seem to be a lot of people who dislike "postgre".

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

Сообщение: Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE
Сообщение: Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE