Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> I think by AWR he is referring to Oracle's Automatic Workload Repository.  It automatically gathers information on
waitevents, object usage, session and system statistics, etc.  It also provides a nice report of what is going on in
yourdatabase and can help identify bottlenecks that may be causing performance issues.  I'm still new to PostgreSQL,
butI don't believe there is anything available like this.

> As far as monitoring database availability goes, I'm working on a plugin for Oracle's OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
thatmonitors if the server is up or down, if there are any blocking sessions, and what percentage of max_connections is
beingused.  It sends alerts for these events based on different thresholds.  However, I'm still in the beginning stages
ofdevelopment and it probably won't be available for a few months.

> I've heard of others using Nagios to monitor PostgreSQL, and EnterpriseDB is supposedly building an OEM type tool but
itwon't be available until later this year.

> Monitoring PostgreSQL has been a big issue for us since beginning to migrate from Oracle, so if anyone else has any
experiencewith this I would love to hear other suggestions.

Most of our monitoring is done through Nagios and Cacti by extracting data
from log files or pg_stat_activity, pg_locks and other system tables.  It
takes a bit of know-how to know what tables to get the data you want from,
and a comprehensive monitoring tool would definitely make it easier on
newbies.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

От: Bobby Dewitt
Сообщение: Re: Performance Monitoring of PostGRE
От: David Hartveld
Сообщение: Streaming replication on 9.1-beta2 after pg_restore is very slow