Обсуждение: Remote access

Remote access

От
"George Weaver"
Дата:
Hi,

I have a client with a main office and a branch office about 90 miles away.

They have a server at the main office but it is not a web server.

What would be the best solution for them to access a PostgreSQL database located at the main office from the branch office?

I am not "network savvy", but if I get pointed in the right direction I should be able to fill in the blanks.

Thanks in advance!

George

Re: Remote access

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:

> I have a client with a main office and a branch office about 90 miles away.
>
> They have a server at the main office but it is not a web server.
>
> What would be the best solution for them to access a PostgreSQL database
> located at the main office from the branch office?
>
> I am not "network savvy", but if I get pointed in the right direction I should
> be able to fill in the blanks.

There are some ways to do that, for instance a so called SSH-Tunnel,
read http://docs.planetargon.com/PostgreSQL_SSH_Tunnel

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: Remote access

От
"George Weaver"
>From: "A. Kretschmer"

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a client with a main office and a branch office about 90 miles
>> away.
>>
>> They have a server at the main office but it is not a web server.
>>
>> What would be the best solution for them to access a PostgreSQL database
>> located at the main office from the branch office?
>>
>> I am not "network savvy", but if I get pointed in the right direction I
>> should
>> be able to fill in the blanks.
>
> There are some ways to do that, for instance a so called SSH-Tunnel,
> read http://docs.planetargon.com/PostgreSQL_SSH_Tunnel

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the link!

(Pardon my ignorance) but does this require that the server be a web server
with a fixed IP address?

George

Re: Remote access

От