Re: Remote access

От Johan Nel
Тема Re: Remote access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
George Weaver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a client with a main office and a branch office about 90 miles away.
>
> They have a server at the main office but it is not a web server.
>
> What would be the best solution for them to access a PostgreSQL database
> located at the main office from the branch office?
>
> I am not "network savvy", but if I get pointed in the right direction I
> should be able to fill in the blanks.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> George

You mention "network savvy" so I will assume the branch office is
connected via a wide area network to the main office.

In that case:
You probably don't need to do anything except making sure that the
server and PG allows access from the IP address range used at the branch
office.

 From the branch office you need to make your connection point to the IP
address of the PG server...

HTH,