Обсуждение: 8.3.3 Complie issue

8.3.3 Complie issue

От
"Harvey, Allan AC"
Дата:
Hi All,

Compile issue I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for:

Did

./configure --prefix /removeExt2/pgsql8.3
make

make[3]: Entering directory `/removeExt2/postgresql-8.3.3/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_euc_jis_2004'
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `utf8_and_euc_jis_2004.o', needed by `libutf8_and_euc_jis_2004.so.0.0'.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/removeExt2/postgresql-8.3.3/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_euc_jis_2004'

Allan

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended
recipient,use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error,
pleaseadvise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses
containedin this email or any attachments.

Re: 8.3.3 Complie issue

Дата:
"Harvey, Allan AC" <HarveyA@OneSteel.com> writes:
> Compile issue I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for:

> make[3]: Entering directory
`/removeExt2/postgresql-8.3.3/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_euc_jis_2004'
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `utf8_and_euc_jis_2004.o', needed by `libutf8_and_euc_jis_2004.so.0.0'.  Stop.

I think we've seen this before: do you have utf8_and_euc_jis_2004.c
in that directory?  There seem to be some broken versions of tar out
there that can't deal with extracting such a long file name from the
distribution tarball.

            regards, tom lane

Re: 8.3.3 Complie issue

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Harvey, Allan AC" <HarveyA@OneSteel.com> writes:
> > Compile issue I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for:
>
> > make[3]: Entering directory
`/removeExt2/postgresql-8.3.3/src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/utf8_and_euc_jis_2004'
> > make[3]: *** No rule to make target `utf8_and_euc_jis_2004.o', needed by `libutf8_and_euc_jis_2004.so.0.0'.  Stop.
>
> I think we've seen this before: do you have utf8_and_euc_jis_2004.c
> in that directory?  There seem to be some broken versions of tar out
> there that can't deal with extracting such a long file name from the
> distribution tarball.

Midnight Commander seems to cause this too.

Re: 8.3.3 Complie issue

От
"Harvey, Allan AC"
Дата:
> I think we've seen this before: do you have utf8_and_euc_jis_2004.c
> in that directory?  There seem to be some broken versions of tar out
> there that can't deal with extracting such a long file name from the
> distribution tarball.

Thanks Tom,
The "c" on the end was missing.
Fixed that, how about this

echo '{ global:' >exports.list
gawk '/^[^#]/ {printf "%s;\n",$1}' exports.txt >>exports.list
echo ' local: *; };' >>exports.list
gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -fno-strict-aliasing  -fpic -shared -Wl,-soname,libpq.so.5
-Wl,--version-script=exports.list fe-auth.o fe-connect.o fe-exec.o fe-misc.o fe-print.o fe-lobj.o fe-protocol2.o
fe-protocol3.opqexpbuffer.o pqsignal.o fe-secure.o md5.o ip.o wchar.o encnames.o noblock.o pgstrcasecmp.o thread.o
strlcpy.o -L../../../src/port -lcrypt -Wl,-rpath,'/removeExt2/pgsql8.3/lib' -o libpq.so.5.1
/usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld:exports.list:1: parse error in VERSION script
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libpq.so.5.1] Error 1

The material contained in this email may be confidential, privileged or copyrighted. If you are not the intended
recipient,use, disclosure or copying of this information is prohibited. If you have received this document in error,
pleaseadvise the sender and delete the document. Neither OneSteel nor the sender accept responsibility for any viruses
containedin this email or any attachments.

Re: 8.3.3 Complie issue

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
Harvey, Allan AC wrote:
>> I think we've seen this before: do you have utf8_and_euc_jis_2004.c
>> in that directory?  There seem to be some broken versions of tar out
>> there that can't deal with extracting such a long file name from the
>> distribution tarball.
>
> Thanks Tom,
> The "c" on the end was missing.
> Fixed that, how about this

Given that you already know your tarball extraction mangled the output,
perhaps you should delete the copy you extracted and start again using a
trustworthy tree extracted using GNU tar or similar. It's reasonable to
assume that other problems you encounter have the same root cause - your
tar program's mangling of the tree.

Try:

tar xvzf postgresql-whatever.tar.gz

--
Craig Ringer

Re: 8.3.3 Complie issue

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Harvey, Allan AC wrote:

> Fixed that, how about this
>
> echo '{ global:' >exports.list
> gawk '/^[^#]/ {printf "%s;\n",$1}' exports.txt >>exports.list
> echo ' local: *; };' >>exports.list
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -fno-strict-aliasing  -fpic -shared
-Wl,-soname,libpq.so.5-Wl,--version-script=exports.list  fe-auth.o fe-connect.o fe-exec.o fe-misc.o fe-print.o
fe-lobj.ofe-protocol2.o fe-protocol3.o pqexpbuffer.o pqsignal.o fe-secure.o md5.o ip.o wchar.o encnames.o noblock.o
pgstrcasecmp.othread.o strlcpy.o  -L../../../src/port -lcrypt -Wl,-rpath,'/removeExt2/pgsql8.3/lib' -o libpq.so.5.1
> /usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld:exports.list:1: parse error in VERSION script
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Old Slackware?  If you really want to compile there, I think it should
work by just removing the -Wl,--version-script param from the link line.

Re: 8.3.3 Complie issue

От
"Harvey, Allan AC"
Дата:
> Old Slackware?  If you really want to compile there, I think it should
> work by just removing the -Wl,--version-script param from the
> link line.

Thanks Alvaro,
Worked through them.
Regression tests show all is OK, save for the handling of "Infinity".
Don't think that will be a problem 'cause I never go there.