Обсуждение: Reporting services for PostgreSQL

Reporting services for PostgreSQL

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
I'm looking for a report generator which renders reports in server and sends
rendering result
to client.

any idea ?

Andrus.

Re: Reporting services for PostgreSQL

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:

Re: Reporting services for PostgreSQL

От
Ned Lilly
Дата:
Try OpenRPT - server side rendering engine, and client-side GUI designer.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openrpt

Cheers,
Ned

On 9/1/2007 7:12 AM Andrus wrote:
> I'm looking for a report generator which renders reports in server and sends
> rendering result
> to client.
>
> any idea ?
>
> Andrus.

Re: Reporting services for PostgreSQL

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
> "Render" as in "run the report program on the host"?

Yes.
Many reports shows only summary data in reports.
If such report is created in server, it runs fast.
If such report is created in client, it need to retrieve a lot of data and
is very slow.

Andrus.

Re: Reporting services for PostgreSQL

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
Thank you.

How server-side reporting works ?
Will it use some C  stored proceure in server ?
In which format rendered report is sent back ?

I need to call it in C#
Where to find example calling OpenRpt in MONO / .NET ?

Is OpenRpt now in LGPL, I havent found any announcment about licence change
?

Is there any roadmap for future, OpenRpt is not updated almost a year ?

Andrus.

"Ned Lilly" <ned@nedscape.com> kirjutas s�numis
> Try OpenRPT - server side rendering engine, and client-side GUI designer.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openrpt
>
> Cheers,
> Ned
>

> On 9/1/2007 7:12 AM Andrus wrote:
>> I'm looking for a report generator which renders reports in server and
>> sends rendering result
>> to client.
>>
>> any idea ?
>>
>> Andrus.

>> TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate
>>        subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>>        message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Reporting services for PostgreSQL

От
Ned Lilly
Дата:
Hi Andrus,

There are some pretty good PDF docs that would be a good starting point for all of your questions - see
http://www.xtuple.org/?q=node/2177.(They're also in the downloads area of the Sourceforge site, but a little hard to
find).

Speaking of the downloads, if you check there
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=132959&package_id=146756),you'll see that version 2.2 was
releasedon July 27, 2007 - so I'm not sure what you mean about not being updated in almost a year.

Yes, as of version 2.2, the project is now licensed under LGPL.  We heard from a number of people that they weren't
comfortablecontributing to a dual-licensed product.  If you're interested in commercial support, xTuple has a couple of
optionsat www.openrpt.com.

As for the roadmap for the future, I'd encourage you to visit our community site at www.openrpt.org (aka xTuple.org).

Cheers,
Ned