Обсуждение: How to hide NOTICE messages in psql.exe ?

How to hide NOTICE messages in psql.exe ?

От
"Szymic1"
Дата:
Hi
I use psql.exe program under windows and I would like that program will
hide all NOTICE messages. Is there any psql.exe parameter ? Because of
big number of NOTICE  messages is very hard to find errors.

Michal Szymanski
http://blog.szymanskich.net

Re: How to hide NOTICE messages in psql.exe ?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 07:12:02AM -0700, Szymic1 wrote:
> I use psql.exe program under windows and I would like that program will
> hide all NOTICE messages. Is there any psql.exe parameter ? Because of
> big number of NOTICE  messages is very hard to find errors.

Does "SET client_min_messages TO warning" do what you want?  You
might also be interested in psql's -q option (or "\set QUIET").

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHEN
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/app-psql.html

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: How to hide NOTICE messages in psql.exe ?

От
"Szymic1"
Дата:
> might also be interested in psql's -q option (or "\set QUIET").

I use -q but I've got e.g

Z:\>psql.exe -q -d ff -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres
0<D:\ff\centralny\src\db\processing_utils.sql
NOTICE:  type reference ff.alias.mask%TYPE converted to character
varying
NOTICE:  type reference freeconet.logic_list_item.conv%TYPE converted
to charact
er varying
NOTICE:  type reference ff.logic_list_item.conv%TYPE converted to
charact
er varying
NOTICE:  type reference ff.alias.mask%TYPE converted to character
varying
NOTICE:  type reference ff.account.user_name%TYPE converted to
character
varying
NOTICE:  type reference ff.alias.mask%TYPE converted to character
varying

I would like to hide lines with NOTICE

Re: How to hide NOTICE messages in psql.exe ?

От
Richard Broersma Jr
Дата:
> > might also be interested in psql's -q option (or "\set QUIET").
>
> I use -q but I've got e.g
>
> Z:\>psql.exe -q -d ff -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres
> 0<D:\ff\centralny\src\db\processing_utils.sql
> NOTICE:  type reference ff.alias.mask%TYPE converted to character
> varying
> NOTICE:  type reference freeconet.logic_list_item.conv%TYPE converted
> to charact
> er varying
> NOTICE:  type reference ff.logic_list_item.conv%TYPE converted to
> charact
> er varying
> NOTICE:  type reference ff.alias.mask%TYPE converted to character
> varying
> NOTICE:  type reference ff.account.user_name%TYPE converted to
> character
> varying
> NOTICE:  type reference ff.alias.mask%TYPE converted to character
> varying
>
> I would like to hide lines with NOTICE

Would making the following changes to you postgresql.conf help?

redirect_stderr = true
client_min_messages = warning

You may need to restart PostgreSQL for these changes to take effect.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: How to hide NOTICE messages in psql.exe ?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 07:48:21AM -0700, Szymic1 wrote:
> > might also be interested in psql's -q option (or "\set QUIET").
>
> I use -q but I've got e.g
>
> Z:\>psql.exe -q -d ff -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres
> 0<D:\ff\centralny\src\db\processing_utils.sql
> NOTICE:  type reference ff.alias.mask%TYPE converted to character varying
[...]
> I would like to hide lines with NOTICE

I mentioned -q as something you might want to use in addition
to client_min_messages, not instead of it.  My previous message
showed how to suppress NOTICE and provided a link to the relevant
documentation.

--
Michael Fuhr