Обсуждение: Can not get ODBC to log. Trace is not working.

Can not get ODBC to log. Trace is not working.

От
Roy Souther
Дата:
I am trying to get the ODBC client to log but I just can't. I have included my odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini. Can anyone tell me why there is never a log file created? I connect to the database with isql and OpenOffice, run queries and get data but never do I ever get a log file.

Shouldn't it just log if I have
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/odbc.log
in my odbc.ini file?

What am I doing wrong? I had this working before on Mandrake. I am using Debian now. I need to find out why I cannot trace. I have a different system where the client is not working and I cannot get it to trace either. It is running an old version of Mandrake. I want to get my system actually tracing to a log file before I go and try to debug the other system.

Royce Souther
www.SiliconTao.com
Let Open Source help your business move beyond.

For security this message is digitally authenticated by GnuPG.

Вложения

Re: Can not get ODBC to log. Trace is not working.

От
"Qingqing Zhou"
Дата:
"Roy Souther" <roy@silicontao.com> wrote
>I am trying to get the ODBC client to log but I just can't. I have
>included my odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini. Can anyone tell me why there is
>never a log file created? I connect to the database with isql and
>OpenOffice, run queries and get data but never do I ever get a log file.

Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q274551/

Regards,
Qingqing