Обсуждение: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

От
Phil Campaigne
Дата:
Hi All,
I just installed postgresql 7.3.4 as an upgrade to 7.3.2 and all went
well untill I tried to log into a database that I successfully created.
  Here are the steps in question:

bash-2.05b$ psql -h localhost -U postgres hardwoodthunder

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help on internal slash commands
        \q to quit

psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl
bash-2.05b$ \q
bash: q: command not found
bash-2.05b$

Does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks,
Phil

Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol:

От
Reece Hart
Дата:
psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

Phil-

I vaguely remember seeing a similar message when I inadvertently mismatched versions of psql and libpq. I think that the problem was psql resolving to the wrong libpq, but this is an old memory.

Some suggestions:
1) ldd psql
This will tell you which libraries are being dynamically linked. Make sure you think this what you expect.

2) check/unset your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

3) I'm guessing you're on a linux box (guess per mail header), I also guess you might have an RPM-based system. If so, I'd further guess that you've recompiled postgresql AND have an rpm-installed version. rpm -e postgresql will remove the rpm version (can't remember if postgresql rpms are divided into subpackages... you might actually need postgresql-libs and postgresql-clients or some such names).

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://www.in-machina.com/~reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0

Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol:

Дата:
Reece Hart <reece@in-machina.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 16:13, Phil Campaigne wrote:
>> psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

> I vaguely remember seeing a similar message when I inadvertently
> mismatched versions of psql and libpq. I think that the problem was psql
> resolving to the wrong libpq, but this is an old memory.

This undoubtedly indicates that you have an SSL-enabled psql that is
trying to use a non-SSL-enabled libpq.so.  So (a) you were not
consistent about your configure options between 7.3.2 and 7.3.4
--- you might want to look and see if there were any other unintentional
changes; and (b) your ldconfig or LD_LIBRARY_PATH setup is finding the
"wrong" version of libpq.so.  Reece's suggestion to use ldd will help
you figure out what's up with (b).

            regards, tom lane

Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Phil Campaigne wrote:

> Hi All,
> I just installed postgresql 7.3.4 as an upgrade to 7.3.2 and all went
> well untill I tried to log into a database that I successfully created.
>   Here are the steps in question:
>
> bash-2.05b$ psql -h localhost -U postgres hardwoodthunder
> Welcome to psql 7.3.2, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
>
> Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
>         \h for help with SQL commands
>         \? for help on internal slash commands
>         \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>         \q to quit

Notice that after upgrading to 7.3.4, you are using the psql that was
installed with 7.3.2...

Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined

От
Reece Hart
Дата: