Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol:

От Reece Hart
Тема Re: psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 16:13, Phil Campaigne wrote:
psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol: PQgetssl

Phil-

I vaguely remember seeing a similar message when I inadvertently mismatched versions of psql and libpq. I think that the problem was psql resolving to the wrong libpq, but this is an old memory.

Some suggestions:
1) ldd psql
This will tell you which libraries are being dynamically linked. Make sure you think this what you expect.

2) check/unset your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

3) I'm guessing you're on a linux box (guess per mail header), I also guess you might have an RPM-based system. If so, I'd further guess that you've recompiled postgresql AND have an rpm-installed version. rpm -e postgresql will remove the rpm version (can't remember if postgresql rpms are divided into subpackages... you might actually need postgresql-libs and postgresql-clients or some such names).

-Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://www.in-machina.com/~reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0