Обсуждение: Two build problems - openssl and plperl on RedHat

Two build problems - openssl and plperl on RedHat

От
Christopher Murtagh
Дата:
Greetings,

 I'm trying to build 7.3.4 and I've come across two problems, one during
the configure and the other afterward.

 Problem 1)

 Trying to build with openssl support gives this:

./configure --with-openssl --enable-odbc --with-perl --enable-multibyte

checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL

[root@brahma postgresql-7.3.4]# locate openssl/ssl.h
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h

I've tried many flavors of --with-openssl=/usr/include but with no luck.

I've removed the --with-openssl, because it isn't needed immediately,
and everything configured and compiled fine.

2) I cannot figure out how to createlang plperl and plperlu. I'm getting

[postgres@brahma postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plperlu chris
ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
createlang: language installation failed

The INSTALL docs state that I must have a full install of Perl (which I
do: perl-5.8.0 via RedHat's rpm) and that it Postgres won't be able to
compile if it isn't a shared object. Since Postgres compiled, can I
assume that the Perl install is ok?

My machine is a P4 running RedHat 9.0. Any info would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Christopher Murtagh
Enterprise Systems Administrator

Tel.: (514) 398-3122
Fax:  (514) 398-2017

Re: Two build problems - openssl and plperl on RedHat

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Christopher Murtagh writes:

> checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
> checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
> checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
> configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL

Check the config.log file.

> [postgres@brahma postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plperlu chris
> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
ordirectory
> createlang: language installation failed

This is an error message of the run-time loader.  Perhaps you need to
tweak /etc/ld.so.conf or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: Two build problems - openssl and plperl on RedHat

От
Christopher Murtagh
Дата:
Awesome! Thanks for the fast response. Both of your answers lead to me
finding the solution. For anyone in the same boat, here they are:

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 14:00, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Christopher Murtagh writes:
>
> > checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
> > checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
> > checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
> > configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL
>
> Check the config.log file.

 It turns out that this is a problem with RedHat and Kerberos and not
just openssl. I had the same problem with building php and needed to add
a compiler flag.

 The config.log had error messages like:
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:134: parse error before "krb5_enctype"

> > [postgres@brahma postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plperlu chris
> > ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
fileor directory
> > createlang: language installation failed
>
> This is an error message of the run-time loader.  Perhaps you need to
> tweak /etc/ld.so.conf or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

 Modified ld.so.conf to add the following two lines:

/usr/local/pgsql/lib
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE

 and then ran ldconfig.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,

Chris