Two build problems - openssl and plperl on RedHat

От Christopher Murtagh
Тема Two build problems - openssl and plperl on RedHat
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

 I'm trying to build 7.3.4 and I've come across two problems, one during
the configure and the other afterward.

 Problem 1)

 Trying to build with openssl support gives this:

./configure --with-openssl --enable-odbc --with-perl --enable-multibyte

checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL

[root@brahma postgresql-7.3.4]# locate openssl/ssl.h
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h

I've tried many flavors of --with-openssl=/usr/include but with no luck.

I've removed the --with-openssl, because it isn't needed immediately,
and everything configured and compiled fine.

2) I cannot figure out how to createlang plperl and plperlu. I'm getting

[postgres@brahma postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plperlu chris
ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
createlang: language installation failed

The INSTALL docs state that I must have a full install of Perl (which I
do: perl-5.8.0 via RedHat's rpm) and that it Postgres won't be able to
compile if it isn't a shared object. Since Postgres compiled, can I
assume that the Perl install is ok?

My machine is a P4 running RedHat 9.0. Any info would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

--