Re: Two build problems - openssl and plperl on RedHat

От Christopher Murtagh
Тема Re: Two build problems - openssl and plperl on RedHat
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Awesome! Thanks for the fast response. Both of your answers lead to me
finding the solution. For anyone in the same boat, here they are:

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 14:00, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Christopher Murtagh writes:
>
> > checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
> > checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
> > checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
> > configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL
>
> Check the config.log file.

 It turns out that this is a problem with RedHat and Kerberos and not
just openssl. I had the same problem with building php and needed to add
a compiler flag.

 The config.log had error messages like:
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:134: parse error before "krb5_enctype"

> > [postgres@brahma postgres]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/createlang plperlu chris
> > ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
fileor directory
> > createlang: language installation failed
>
> This is an error message of the run-time loader.  Perhaps you need to
> tweak /etc/ld.so.conf or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

 Modified ld.so.conf to add the following two lines:

/usr/local/pgsql/lib
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE

 and then ran ldconfig.

Thanks again for the help!

Cheers,

Chris