Обсуждение: psql and blob

psql and blob

От
Daniel Schuchardt
Дата:
Hi @ all,

i'm sure there was a psql-function to transfere my Blob-Data to the
server but I can't remember.

I have a script like this :

UPDATE xy SET z = lo_import('localpath_and_file');

but i want to execute this script from the client and so my blob-data is
on the client and lo_import fails (the server doesn't have this file).
Hm.

Thanks for tips - Daniel.

converting PostgreSQ- timestamp to UNIX-timestamp ?

От
"Cornelia Boenigk"
Дата:
Hi everybody

To convert PostgreSQL timestmp to UNIX timestamp I use

select ((today::abstime)::int4) from table ...

In the documentation there is a notice that abstime shouldn't be used.
Is there another way to convert?

Also I tried

select timetz_hash(today) from table ..

and got negative values for some timestamps. Does anybody know why?

RedHat 7.3, PostgreSQL 7.2.1

Regards
Conni

Re: psql and blob

От
Darko Prenosil
Дата:
On Wednesday 17 September 2003 18:32, Daniel Schuchardt wrote:
> Hi @ all,
>
> i'm sure there was a psql-function to transfere my Blob-Data to the
> server but I can't remember.
>
> I have a script like this :
>
> UPDATE xy SET z = lo_import('localpath_and_file');
>
> but i want to execute this script from the client and so my blob-data is
> on the client and lo_import fails (the server doesn't have this file).
> Hm.
>
> Thanks for tips - Daniel.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/largeobjects.html
is what You need.

Regards !

Re: converting PostgreSQ- timestamp to UNIX-timestamp ?

Дата:
"Cornelia Boenigk" <poppcorn@cornelia-boenigk.de> writes:
> To convert PostgreSQL timestmp to UNIX timestamp I use
> select ((today::abstime)::int4) from table ...
> In the documentation there is a notice that abstime shouldn't be used.
> Is there another way to convert?

"SELECT EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM timestamp)" is the recommended way to do it.

> Also I tried
> select timetz_hash(today) from table ..
> and got negative values for some timestamps. Does anybody know why?

Why not?  If the hash function didn't use all 32 available bits, I'd
think it faulty ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: psql and blob

От
"Daniel Schuchardt"
Дата:
Hm, but lo_import/lo_export imports/exports from the local filesystem.
I want to upload/download a clientfile to/from the Server Database with
psql. I think this is a feature in psql. But i can't remember...

Daniel