Обсуждение: client tool

client tool

От
"Hegyvari Krisztian"
Дата:
Greetings,

I am looking for a client side application to help me develop my queries for PostgreSQL. The client is Windows, the
serveris on Linux. I am thinking of something similar to TOAD, which we use to develop our Oracle based applications.
Sofar I have used a web based solution, but I would need something to handle more complex queries and situations. If
thereis absolutely none for Windows, I can cope with tools running on Linux, but I would prefer something under
Windows.

Cheers,

Hegyvari Krisztian

Re: client tool

От
Andre Truter
Дата:
On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 19:33, Hegyvari Krisztian wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am looking for a client side application to help me develop my queries for PostgreSQL. The client is Windows, the
serveris on Linux. I am thinking of something similar to TOAD, which we use to develop our Oracle based applications.
Sofar I have used a web based solution, but I would need something to handle more complex queries and situations. If
thereis absolutely none for Windows, I can cope with tools running on Linux, but I would prefer something under
Windows.

> Cheers,
>
> Hegyvari Krisztian

pgAdmin II
Very nice Windows tool.

http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=1

HTH

--

Andre Truter
Software Engineer

<------------------------------------------------->
< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better...  >
< So I installed Linux                            >
<------------------------------------------------->

Re: client tool

От
Marius Andreiana
Дата:
Do you know about OpenOffice.org's data access? It can build queries
visually.

I don't know if tora ( see freshmeat for url ) also run on windows. I
use it for schema and data browser, but it knows a lot.

Screenshots with these two are here :)
http://www.galuna.ro/prezentari/pachet_server.html

--
Marius Andreiana
Soluţii informatice bazate pe Linux / Linux-based IT solutions

Re: client tool

От
Dennis Gearon
Дата:
You will have to write some of the queries yourself in that tool.

Also, you will have to escape the single quotes with another.

and don't put a ';' at the end. There are some other quirks, but otherwise, it's really good. It doens't do the latest
pgsqlas far as I know , though.

Andre Truter wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 19:33, Hegyvari Krisztian wrote:
>
>>Greetings,
>>
>>I am looking for a client side application to help me develop my queries for PostgreSQL. The client is Windows, the
serveris on Linux. I am thinking of something similar to TOAD, which we use to develop our Oracle based applications.
Sofar I have used a web based solution, but I would need something to handle more complex queries and situations. If
thereis absolutely none for Windows, I can cope with tools running on Linux, but I would prefer something under
Windows.

>>Cheers,
>>
>>Hegyvari Krisztian
>>

> pgAdmin II
> Very nice Windows tool.
>
> http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=1
>
> HTH

Re: client tool

От
"D. Dante Lorenso"
Дата:
> I am looking for a client side application to help me
> develop my queries for PostgreSQL. The client is Windows,
> the server is on Linux. I am thinking of something similar
> to TOAD, which we use to develop our Oracle based applications.

Exactly!  TOAD rocks for Oracle development.  If you are
looking for the TOAD of PostgreSQL...you GOTTA get:

    PostgreSQL Manager
    http://www.ems-hitech.com/pgmanager

The professional version is $135.  Worth EVERY penny.  I used
TOAD like crazy and find that PostgreSQL rocks.  It's got a
table wizard, sql editor, and stored procedure editor, and more.

Plus, I've been sending them bug reports and feature requests,
and thedevelopment team is VERY responsive in fixing and adding
features.  Their latest 1.5 version rocks.  You can download a
trial version from their site.

Ok, enought of a plug from me.  I don't even work for them but
I do want them to succeed because the software rox!

Dante

D. Dante Lorenso
dante@lorenso.com
972-333-4139

Re: client tool

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 16 May 2003 1:42 am, D. Dante Lorenso wrote:
> > I am looking for a client side application to help me
> > develop my queries for PostgreSQL. The client is Windows,
> > the server is on Linux. I am thinking of something similar
> > to TOAD, which we use to develop our Oracle based applications.
>
> Exactly!  TOAD rocks for Oracle development.  If you are
> looking for the TOAD of PostgreSQL...you GOTTA get:
>
>     PostgreSQL Manager
>     http://www.ems-hitech.com/pgmanager
>
> The professional version is $135.  Worth EVERY penny.  I used
> TOAD like crazy and find that PostgreSQL rocks.  It's got a
> table wizard, sql editor, and stored procedure editor, and more.

Don't suppose you'd have time to write a proper review that could be posted on
techdocs?
--
  Richard Huxton

Re: client tool

От
Tapan Trivedi
Дата:
Yes
pgmanager is good. but it hangs for me when I try to grant permission on
my database. - any such experience ?