Обсуждение: Reviewed: max. no of relations in a database

Reviewed: max. no of relations in a database

От
Ralph Graulich
Дата:
Hi again,

a couple of days ago we had the dicussion about my problem concerning the
maximum number of relations in a database and the naming problems of
relations disappearing. I wanted to provide a testcase, but to no
avail.

The problem only occures with loads of data (just inserting dummy data to
the tables didn't show the problem!). Second, the problem only occures if
there are lots of long relation names. As I changed all the relation names
to shorter and less descriptive ones, the problem magically disappeared.

However, I will keep an eye on that kind of problem and maybe I have a
testcase in the future, if the problem reoccures.

Thanks for all the helpful hints, not to forget!

Kind regards
... Ralph ...

Re: Reviewed: max. no of relations in a database

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Saturday 03 Aug 2002 12:52 am, Ralph Graulich wrote:

> The problem only occures with loads of data (just inserting dummy data to
> the tables didn't show the problem!). Second, the problem only occures if
> there are lots of long relation names. As I changed all the relation names
> to shorter and less descriptive ones, the problem magically disappeared.

Missed the discussion a couple of days ago, but you weren't exceeding the
31-char length for table-names etc?

Might be worth a quick check. If you need to change this there's a constant in
a header file that needs to be changed and a recompile - see archive for
details.

- Richard Huxton