Reviewed: max. no of relations in a database

От Ralph Graulich
Тема Reviewed: max. no of relations in a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi again,

a couple of days ago we had the dicussion about my problem concerning the
maximum number of relations in a database and the naming problems of
relations disappearing. I wanted to provide a testcase, but to no
avail.

The problem only occures with loads of data (just inserting dummy data to
the tables didn't show the problem!). Second, the problem only occures if
there are lots of long relation names. As I changed all the relation names
to shorter and less descriptive ones, the problem magically disappeared.

However, I will keep an eye on that kind of problem and maybe I have a
testcase in the future, if the problem reoccures.

Thanks for all the helpful hints, not to forget!

Kind regards
... Ralph ...