Обсуждение: Update to readline and Postgresql

Update to readline and Postgresql

От
tmorrison
Дата:
Hi again,

I have included the config.log file after I configure 7.2 around the area
where it checks for readline:

configure:3288: checking for readline
configure:3310: gcc -o conftest -O9   -I/usr/local/include   -L/usr/local/lib
conftest.c -lreadline  1>&5
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `BC'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `PC'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `UP'
/usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 3299 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

Any thoughts from anyone?  TIA

Trevor

Announce: SSL-ODBC Available

От
"Command Prompt, Inc."
Дата:
Hello all,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we are now shipping our
SSL/ODBC driver for Win32. The driver works in SSL and standard mode. The
standard mode should be compatible with all version of PostgreSQL that are
>= 6.x. The SSL mode requires >7.1.X including 7.2 and 7.2.1.

More information can be found here:

http://www.commandprompt.com

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

CMD

by way of pgsql-general@commandprompt.com
http://www.postgresql.info/
http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Update to readline and Postgresql

От
Helge Bahmann
> configure:3310: gcc -o conftest -O9   -I/usr/local/include   -L/usr/local/lib
> conftest.c -lreadline  1>&5
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `BC'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `PC'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `UP'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'

These are symbols from libtermcap or libncurses; if you look a little bit
further down, configure will try to link with "-lreadline -ltermcap" -- does
this fail as well? If it does (maybe you do not have a termcap library), try
running configure with "LDFLAGS=-lncurses ./configure ..." to force
linking in of libncurses

Regards
--
Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de>             /| \__
Network admin, systems programmer                      /_|____\

PostgreSQL on Windows or MS-SQLServer???

От
Philip Hallstrom
Дата:
Hi all -
    We're developing a product that currently runs on freebsd, apache,
php, postgresql.  I've been asked to look into what it would take to port
this product to Windows.  Yes, I know all the reasons why we don't want to
do that and we're not planning on it, but if a client really wants it and
wants to pay for it, well, then we'll do it.

I've searched the lists and found a lot of "how do I install" postgres on
windows, but I haven't seen a lot of "how well does it work" posts.

Anyone care to comment on how well postgres on windows works (assuming
w2k)?

Would you recommend postgres on windows for a production environment?

Is it stable (as stable as Windows can be that is :)?

And if the above answers tend to be "no", can anyone give me a rough idea
of the pain involved in converting to MS-SQLServer?  We use a lot of
triggers, keys, joins, stored procedures.  I know I won't get specifics,
but just trying to get a general idea.

Thanks!

-philip

Re: Update to readline and Postgresql

От
Helge Bahmann
Дата:
> These are symbols from libtermcap or libncurses; if you look a little bit
> further down, configure will try to link with "-lreadline -ltermcap" -- does
> this fail as well? If it does (maybe you do not have a termcap library), try
> running configure with "LDFLAGS=-lncurses ./configure ..." to force
> linking in of libncurses

Ah forget about that -- just noticed configure tries ncurses as well

Appears you have neither working termcap nor ncurses which makes me wonder
how you got readline compiled in the first place

Regards
--
Helge Bahmann <bahmann@math.tu-freiberg.de>             /| \__
Network admin, systems programmer                      /_|____\
                                                     _/\ |   __)
$ ./configure                                        \\ \|__/__|
checking whether build environment is sane... yes     \\/___/ |
checking for AIX... no (we already did this)            |

Re: PostgreSQL on Windows or MS-SQLServer???

От
"Command Prompt, Inc."

The use of PostgreSQL on windows requires the use of Cygwin.
The performance of PostgreSQL under any noticable load on Cygwin/Win32 is
horrendous.

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Philip Hallstrom wrote:

> Hi all -
>     We're developing a product that currently runs on freebsd, apache,
> php, postgresql.  I've been asked to look into what it would take to port
> this product to Windows.  Yes, I know all the reasons why we don't want to
> do that and we're not planning on it, but if a client really wants it and
> wants to pay for it, well, then we'll do it.
>
> I've searched the lists and found a lot of "how do I install" postgres on
> windows, but I haven't seen a lot of "how well does it work" posts.
>
> Anyone care to comment on how well postgres on windows works (assuming
> w2k)?
>
> Would you recommend postgres on windows for a production environment?
>
> Is it stable (as stable as Windows can be that is :)?
>
> And if the above answers tend to be "no", can anyone give me a rough idea
> of the pain involved in converting to MS-SQLServer?  We use a lot of
> triggers, keys, joins, stored procedures.  I know I won't get specifics,
> but just trying to get a general idea.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -philip

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

by way of pgsql-general@commandprompt.com
http://www.postgresql.info/
http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Update to readline and Postgresql

От
Holger Marzen
Дата:
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, tmorrison wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I have included the config.log file after I configure 7.2 around the area
> where it checks for readline:
>
> configure:3288: checking for readline
> configure:3310: gcc -o conftest -O9   -I/usr/local/include   -L/usr/local/lib
> conftest.c -lreadline  1>&5
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `BC'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `PC'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `UP'
> /usr/local/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'

Missing ncurses?