Обсуждение: MS Access 97 ODBC opens 2 connections to the backend?

MS Access 97 ODBC opens 2 connections to the backend?

От
Tim Frank
Дата:
Everyone,

    I didn't get any response on the ODBC list for a week so I am trying the
general list to try and get some help.
    I have just been experimenting with MS Access and ODBC with PostgreSQL
and find that it opens 2 connections to the backend when I open a linked
table or form that is based on a linked table.
    I was just wondering if this was "normal" behaviour or if there should
only be a single connection and I just don't have something configured
properly.  I am using v7.01.004 of the ODBC driver on Windows 98.  The
backed is 7.0.x for now, but will probably be 7.1 in the near future.

Thanks for any help.

Tim Frank

Re: MS Access 97 ODBC opens 2 connections to the backend?

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Tim Frank wrote:

> Everyone,
>
>         I didn't get any response on the ODBC list for a week so I am trying the
> general list to try and get some help.

I've not seen your post on pgsql-odbc list.

>         I have just been experimenting with MS Access and ODBC with PostgreSQL
> and find that it opens 2 connections to the backend when I open a linked
> table or form that is based on a linked table.
>         I was just wondering if this was "normal" behaviour

Yes.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: MS Access 97 ODBC opens 2 connections to the backend?

От
Tim Frank
Дата:
Hiroshi,

    Thanks for the confirmation of the normal behaviour.  I posted to the
odbc list through the news.postgresql.org news server back on April 12...
maybe it didn't work for some reason, although it shows in my news
reader.  And I did post this one through the same server and it worked.
Oh well, no harm done.  I like simple yes answers :)

Tim

On 19/04/01, 12:17:25 AM, Inoue@tpf.co.jp (Hiroshi Inoue) wrote regarding