Обсуждение: make html fails on a clean ubuntu

make html fails on a clean ubuntu

От
Idan Kamara
Дата:
Hi folks,

I'm trying to build the docs (at commit 9c75e1), but getting back a spew of errors from `jade` (attached), which I'm having a hard time deciphering. I did a clone from https://github.com/postgres/postgres and ran these commands:

$ ./configure
$ cd doc/src/sgml
$ make html
<output attached>

Information about the system:

$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu-14 3.19.0-25-generic #26~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 24 21:16:20 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ jade -v
jade:I: Jade version "1.2.1"
jade:I: SP version "1.3.4"
jade:<OSFD>0:1:0:E: end of document in prolog
jade:E: no DSSSL specification: use -d to specify
$ make --version
GNU Make 3.81
Copyright (C) 2006  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
--

Did I miss anything obvious? Thanks.
Вложения

Re: make html fails on a clean ubuntu

Дата:
Idan Kamara <idankk86@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to build the docs (at commit 9c75e1), but getting back a spew of
> errors from `jade` (attached), which I'm having a hard time deciphering.

I think the relevant error is the first one:

> jade:postgres.sgml:3:55:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.2//EN"

You don't have the docbook DTD installed, I suspect.  There's some info
in our docs about which packages need to be installed to build the docs,
though I do not know if it's entirely up-to-date.

            regards, tom lane

Re: make html fails on a clean ubuntu

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 04/21/2016 05:32 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Idan Kamara <idankk86@gmail.com> writes:
>> I'm trying to build the docs (at commit 9c75e1), but getting back a spew of
>> errors from `jade` (attached), which I'm having a hard time deciphering.
>
> I think the relevant error is the first one:
>
>> jade:postgres.sgml:3:55:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.2//EN"
>
> You don't have the docbook DTD installed, I suspect.  There's some info
> in our docs about which packages need to be installed to build the docs,
> though I do not know if it's entirely up-to-date.

The instructions ought to be reasonably up to date for Ubuntu.

I think you might be missing the DocBook package.  Check the end of the
configure output about what it has or hasn't found.

Re: make html fails on a clean ubuntu

От
Idan Kamara
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 2:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Idan Kamara <idankk86@gmail.com> writes:
> > I'm trying to build the docs (at commit 9c75e1), but getting back a spew of
> > errors from `jade` (attached), which I'm having a hard time deciphering.
>
> I think the relevant error is the first one:
>
> > jade:postgres.sgml:3:55:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V4.2//EN"
>
> You don't have the docbook DTD installed, I suspect.  There's some info
> in our docs about which packages need to be installed to build the docs,
> though I do not know if it's entirely up-to-date.

Yeah, I think it's all here
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/docguide-toolsets.html

I hadn't seen that before and jumped directly to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/docguide-build.html

Thanks.