Обсуждение: Re: [ODBC] ODBC Unix distro building woes

Re: [ODBC] ODBC Unix distro building woes

От
"Dave Page"

I just tried it here with the 7.2.4 distro, and I get the same error as
Peter:

(cd . && ln -s gpps.lo gpps.o)
generating symbol list for `psqlodbc.la'
 dlltool --export-all --exclude-symbols
DllMain@12,_cygwin_dll_entry@12,_cygwin_
noncygwin_dll_entry@12,DllMainCRTStartup@12,DllEntryPoint@12
--output-def .libs/
psqlodbc.dll-def  info.lo bind.lo columninfo.lo connection.lo convert.lo
drvconn
.lo environ.lo execute.lo lobj.lo win_md5.lo misc.lo options.lo
pgtypes.lo psqlo
dbc.lo qresult.lo results.lo socket.lo parse.lo statement.lo tuple.lo
tuplelist.
lo dlg_specific.lo odbcapi.lo multibyte.lo gpps.lo
 sed -e "1,/EXPORTS/d" -e "s/ @ [0-9]*//" -e "s/ *;.*$//" <
.libs/psqlodbc.dll-d
ef > .libs/psqlodbc.exp
if test "x`sed 1q .libs/psqlodbc.exp`" = xEXPORTS; then cp
.libs/psqlodbc.exp .l
ibs/psqlodbc.dll-def; else echo EXPORTS > .libs/psqlodbc.dll-def;
_lt_hint=1; ca
t .libs/psqlodbc.exp | while read symbol; do set dummy $symbol; case $#
in 2) ec
ho " $2 @ $_lt_hint ; " >> .libs/psqlodbc.dll-def;; 4) echo " $2 $3 $4 ;
" >> .l
ibs/psqlodbc.dll-def; _lt_hint=`expr $_lt_hint - 1`;; *) echo " $2 @
$_lt_hint $
3 ; " >> .libs/psqlodbc.dll-def;; esac; _lt_hint=`expr 1 + $_lt_hint`;
done; fi
 gcc -Wl,--base-file,.libs/psqlodbc.dll-base
-Wl,-e,__cygwin_dll_entry@12 -o .li
bs/psqlodbc.dll  info.lo bind.lo columninfo.lo connection.lo convert.lo
drvconn.
lo environ.lo execute.lo lobj.lo win_md5.lo misc.lo options.lo
pgtypes.lo psqlod
bc.lo qresult.lo results.lo socket.lo parse.lo statement.lo tuple.lo
tuplelist.l
o dlg_specific.lo odbcapi.lo multibyte.lo gpps.lo
/usr/lib/libcygwin.a(libcmain.o)(.text+0x7c): undefined reference to
`WinMain@16
'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [psqlodbc.la] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/psqlodbc-7.2.4'
make: *** [all] Error 2
PC9 $

I'm not sure what's causing it to be honest, but as Hiroshi says, it
does look like it's trying to build an exe (hence the WinMain). I've
CC'd this to the Cygwin list - maybe Jason has an idea.

Regards, Dave.

Re: [ODBC] ODBC Unix distro building woes

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Hmm I'm using /usr/autotool/devel/share/libtool/libtool.m4
on cygwin. Maybe it isn't the right one but seems to work
at least on cygwin.

Hiroshi Inoue
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/

Re: [ODBC] ODBC Unix distro building woes

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Hiroshi,
Dave,
Peter,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 07:47:29PM +0900, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:

A comparison of Hiroshi's output of the following:

    $ cygcheck -c | egrep auto\|libtool

to Dave's and Peter's should help to determine which versions work and
which don't

Jason

Re: [ODBC] ODBC Unix distro building woes

От
Jess Regal
Дата:
Yesterday, I was having trouble building anything
short of a hello.c, and I was getting similar
"undefined symbol WinMain@16" errors.  After hours of
fiddling, I finally ran the cygwin setup and figured
out that, at some point, I had unwittingly upgraded to
binutils-20021107-1.  There was a second release
available, binutils-20021107-2, which I promptly
updated, along with some other packages.  My problems
magically disappeared.  I wish I could be more
specific, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Based on file dates, I believe I updated the following
packages:
binutils
gcc
login

I don't know how helpful this information will be, but
I figured I would try.

-Jess

> ODBC
> > driver gets me a
> Cygwin.
> > This used to
> > >
> > > Hmm. I'll look into this tomorrow (unless you
> have any ideas
> > > Hiroshi?).
> >
> > It works here on cygwin.
> > Peter seems to be making a executable not a shared
> library.

[snip]

http://launch.yahoo.com/u2

Re: [ODBC] ODBC Unix distro building woes

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Jess,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:47:53AM -0800, Jess Regal wrote:
> Yesterday, I was having trouble building anything short of a hello.c,
> and I was getting similar "undefined symbol WinMain@16" errors.  After
> hours of fiddling, I finally ran the cygwin setup and figured out
> that, at some point, I had unwittingly upgraded to
> binutils-20021107-1.  There was a second release available,
> binutils-20021107-2, which I promptly updated, along with some other
> packages.  My problems magically disappeared.

I think that you hit it on the head!

    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2002-11/msg00007.html

Dave, Peter, if you have binutils 20021107-1, then please upgrade.

Jason

Re: [ODBC] ODBC Unix distro building woes

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Jason Tishler writes:

> Dave, Peter, if you have binutils 20021107-1, then please upgrade.

I was already using the -2 release.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: [ODBC] ODBC Unix distro building woes

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Peter,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:38:21PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Jason Tishler writes:
> > Dave, Peter, if you have binutils 20021107-1, then please upgrade.
>
> I was already using the -2 release.

I was able to build psqlodbc-7.2.4 using the following Cygwin
development tool versions:

    $ cygcheck -c | egrep 'auto|libtool|gcc|binutils'
    autoconf            2.53-1
    autoconf-devel      2.53-1
    autoconf-stable     2.13-4
    automake            1.6.2-1
    automake-devel      1.6.2-1
    automake-stable     1.4p5-5
    binutils            20011002-1
    gcc                 2.95.3-5
    libtool             20020705-1
    libtool-devel       20020705-2
    libtool-stable      1.4.2-2

As you can see, I have not upgraded to the latest versions (for various
reasons -- some good, some bad).  Sorry, that I can't be more helpful.

Jason