Обсуждение: pgsql: Add #define INT64_MODIFIER for the printf length modifier for 64

pgsql: Add #define INT64_MODIFIER for the printf length modifier for 64

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
Add #define INT64_MODIFIER for the printf length modifier for 64-bit ints.

We have had INT64_FORMAT and UINT64_FORMAT for a long time, but that's not
good enough if you want something more exotic, like "%20lld".

Abhijit Menon-Sen, per Andres Freund's suggestion.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ce486056ecd28050f367894a2b5aad3656d37511

Modified Files
--------------
config/c-library.m4           |   32 +++++++++++++++---------------
configure                     |   44 +++++++++++++++++------------------------
configure.in                  |   21 ++++++++------------
src/include/c.h               |    3 +++
src/include/pg_config.h.in    |    7 ++-----
src/include/pg_config.h.win32 |    8 ++------

Re: pgsql: Add #define INT64_MODIFIER for the printf length modifier for 64

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2014-08-21 06:57:20 +0000, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Add #define INT64_MODIFIER for the printf length modifier for 64-bit ints.
>
> We have had INT64_FORMAT and UINT64_FORMAT for a long time, but that's not
> good enough if you want something more exotic, like "%20lld".
>
> Abhijit Menon-Sen, per Andres Freund's suggestion.

Unfortunately this patch broke at least
PGAC_FUNC_SNPRINTF_SIZE_T_SUPPORT because that uses UINT64_FORMAT.

I only noticed because I noticed pg_vsnprintf()s in the profile. Which I
didn't use to see ;)

Abhijit: I'll later push a fix for PGAC_FUNC_SNPRINTF_SIZE_T_SUPPORT,
but it'd good if you could check whether a configure before/after this
commit changes other uintended things.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: pgsql: Add #define INT64_MODIFIER for the printf length modifier for 64

От
Abhijit Menon-Sen
Дата:
At 2014-09-17 17:59:19 +0200, andres@2ndquadrant.com wrote:

> Abhijit: I'll later push a fix for PGAC_FUNC_SNPRINTF_SIZE_T_SUPPORT,
> but it'd good if you could check whether a configure before/after this
> commit changes other uintended things.

I just ran configure on a clean tree before and after Heikki's commit
(#ce4860) and diff'ed the results. The problem you fixed is the only
problem I see on my Linux machine. Also the only other instances of
INT64_FORMAT in config/ are now in the test itself, i.e. safe.

-- Abhijit