Обсуждение: postgresql 9.1 replicaiton query ( GNU/Linux replicate to Windows)

postgresql 9.1 replicaiton query ( GNU/Linux replicate to Windows)

От
"Nie, Guocong"
Дата:
Hi Team,
I am doing postgresql 9.1  replication , the Master database is on GNU/Linu=
x operation system , the Slave  database is on Windows 32 bit system.  But =
when I copy the Master database from Linux to Windows , then I am unlucky t=
o bringup database on windows system.
Could you please let me know how can I replicate database from Linux to Win=
dows ?

BTW:  It is fine to replicate from Linux to Linux , both two servers operat=
ion system are the same.

Thanks,

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential an=
d is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is=20
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the in=
tended recipient, you are not authorized to=20
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or =
any part thereof. If you receive this message=20
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of thi=
s message.

Re: postgresql 9.1 replicaiton query ( GNU/Linux replicate to Windows)

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Nie, Guocong <guocong.nie@capgemini.com> w=
rote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am doing postgresql 9.1=A0 replication , the Master database is on GNU/=
Linux
> operation system , the Slave =A0database is on Windows 32 bit system. =A0=
But
> when I copy the Master database from Linux to Windows , then I am unlucky=
> bringup database on windows system.
>
> Could you please let me know how can I replicate database from Linux to
> Windows ?

The built-in replication requires that you are using the same version
of PostgreSQL on the same OS platform.  That doesn't seem to be
documented as clearly as one might have hoped it would be.

If you require replication across platforms, you will need to look
into one of the other replication systems such as Slony, Londiste, or
Bucardo.
--=20

Re: postgresql 9.1 replicaiton query ( GNU/Linux replicate to Windows)

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nie, Guocong <guocong.nie@capgemini.com> wrote:

>> Could you please let me know how can I replicate database from
>> Linux to Windows ?
>
> The built-in replication requires that you are using the same
> version of PostgreSQL on the same OS platform.  That doesn't seem
> to be documented as clearly as one might have hoped it would be.

Yeah, on a quick search I didn't find anything under replication
itself.  Unless I'm missing something, one would need to know that
it was more-or-less the same as PITR backup, and find this to find a
clue:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/warm-standby.html#STANDBY-PLANNING

It does seem like there should be more, although I'm not sure
exactly what or where.

> If you require replication across platforms, you will need to look
> into one of the other replication systems such as Slony, Londiste,
> or Bucardo.

There is a Wiki page listing and comparing available products:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling

-Kevin