Re: postgresql 9.1 replicaiton query ( GNU/Linux replicate to Windows)

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: postgresql 9.1 replicaiton query ( GNU/Linux replicate to Windows)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Nie, Guocong <guocong.nie@capgemini.com> w=
rote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am doing postgresql 9.1=A0 replication , the Master database is on GNU/=
Linux
> operation system , the Slave =A0database is on Windows 32 bit system. =A0=
But
> when I copy the Master database from Linux to Windows , then I am unlucky=
> bringup database on windows system.
>
> Could you please let me know how can I replicate database from Linux to
> Windows ?

The built-in replication requires that you are using the same version
of PostgreSQL on the same OS platform.  That doesn't seem to be
documented as clearly as one might have hoped it would be.

If you require replication across platforms, you will need to look
into one of the other replication systems such as Slony, Londiste, or
Bucardo.
--=20