Обсуждение: BUG #6337: Startup Script

BUG #6337: Startup Script

От
gabriel.martinez@greencore.co.cr
Дата:

Bug reference:      6337
Logged by:          Gabriel Mart=C3=ADnez
Email address:      gabriel.martinez@greencore.co.cr
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.9
Operating system:   Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS

After the installation of postgresql (sudo apt-get install postgresql) isn't
possible to start the service (sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 start),
simply doesn't happen anything and there is nothing in the logs.

Searching in Internet, I found this:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3D5663743&postcount=3D9

So I changed the startup script and was possible to start the service.

Has anyone else reported this issue?.

Re: BUG #6337: Startup Script

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from gabriel.martinez's message of jue dic 15 12:02:53 -0300 2011:
>=20
> Bug reference:      6337
> Logged by:          Gabriel Mart=C3=ADnez
> Email address:      gabriel.martinez@greencore.co.cr
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.9
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
>=20
> After the installation of postgresql (sudo apt-get install postgresql) is=
n't
> possible to start the service (sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 start),
> simply doesn't happen anything and there is nothing in the logs.

I see no such file in my /etc/init.d.  Mine is called simply
"postgresql" (this is Debian, not Ubuntu, but the official packages come
from the same guy in both cases).  Are you sure you're using the right
script?  What repo does the package come from?

--=20
=C3=81lvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>

Re: BUG #6337: Startup Script

От
Martin Pitt
Дата:
Hello Gabriel,

gabriel.martinez@greencore.co.cr [2011-12-15 15:02 +0000]:
> After the installation of postgresql (sudo apt-get install postgresql) isn't
> possible to start the service (sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 start),
> simply doesn't happen anything and there is nothing in the logs.

I suppose the package installation did not create a default "8.4/main"
cluster. I guess "pg_lsclusters" is empty? Please create one with
"sudo pg_createcluster 8.4 main --start". (See
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-common/README.Debian.gz)

This happens if there is an already existing configuration for 8.4, or
the package was installed before. The default cluster only gets
created if this is more or less a "clean" install.

Martin