Re: BUG #6337: Startup Script

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #6337: Startup Script
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from gabriel.martinez's message of jue dic 15 12:02:53 -0300 2011:
>=20
> Bug reference:      6337
> Logged by:          Gabriel Mart=C3=ADnez
> Email address:      gabriel.martinez@greencore.co.cr
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.9
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS
>=20
> After the installation of postgresql (sudo apt-get install postgresql) is=
n't
> possible to start the service (sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 start),
> simply doesn't happen anything and there is nothing in the logs.

I see no such file in my /etc/init.d.  Mine is called simply
"postgresql" (this is Debian, not Ubuntu, but the official packages come
from the same guy in both cases).  Are you sure you're using the right
script?  What repo does the package come from?

--=20
=C3=81lvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>