Re: BUG #6337: Startup Script

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: BUG #6337: Startup Script
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Gabriel,

gabriel.martinez@greencore.co.cr [2011-12-15 15:02 +0000]:
> After the installation of postgresql (sudo apt-get install postgresql) isn't
> possible to start the service (sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 start),
> simply doesn't happen anything and there is nothing in the logs.

I suppose the package installation did not create a default "8.4/main"
cluster. I guess "pg_lsclusters" is empty? Please create one with
"sudo pg_createcluster 8.4 main --start". (See
/usr/share/doc/postgresql-common/README.Debian.gz)

This happens if there is an already existing configuration for 8.4, or
the package was installed before. The default cluster only gets
created if this is more or less a "clean" install.

Martin