Обсуждение: BUG #5657: wrong entry in sql_features

BUG #5657: wrong entry in sql_features

От
"thommy"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5657
Logged by:          thommy
Email address:      der.thommy@gmx.net
PostgreSQL version: 9.0rc1
Operating system:   Windows
Details:

Hi all,

I think there is a wong line in sql_features, the second one looks like
garbage to me:

pg=# select * from information_schema.sql_features where feature_id =
'B032';
-[ RECORD 1 ]----+---------------------------
feature_id       | B032
feature_name     | Extended dynamic SQL
sub_feature_id   |
sub_feature_name |
is_supported     | NO
is_verified_by   |
comments         |
-[ RECORD 2 ]----+---------------------------
feature_id       | B032
feature_name     | Extended dynamic SQL
sub_feature_id   | 01
sub_feature_name | <describe input statement>
is_supported     | NO
is_verified_by   |
comments         |

Maybe this can be fixed before the final release of 9.0.

Regards, Thommy

Re: BUG #5657: wrong entry in sql_features

От
Heikki Linnakangas
> I think there is a wong line in sql_features, the second one looks like
> garbage to me:
>
> pg=# select * from information_schema.sql_features where feature_id =
> 'B032';
> -[ RECORD 1 ]----+---------------------------
> feature_id       | B032
> feature_name     | Extended dynamic SQL
> sub_feature_id   |
> sub_feature_name |
> is_supported     | NO
> is_verified_by   |
> comments         |
> -[ RECORD 2 ]----+---------------------------
> feature_id       | B032
> feature_name     | Extended dynamic SQL
> sub_feature_id   | 01
> sub_feature_name |<describe input statement>
> is_supported     | NO
> is_verified_by   |
> comments         |

Can you elaborate, what is wrong with the above? What did you expect to
see instead?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Re: BUG #5657: wrong entry in sql_features

Дата:
> On 14/09/10 17:08, thommy wrote:
>> -[ RECORD 2 ]----+---------------------------
>> feature_id       | B032
>> feature_name     | Extended dynamic SQL
>> sub_feature_id   | 01
>> sub_feature_name |<describe input statement>
>> is_supported     | NO
>> is_verified_by   |
>> comments         |

> Can you elaborate, what is wrong with the above? What did you expect to
> see instead?

What I see in SQL:99 is

        | 3   | B032 | Extended dynamic SQL                                |
        |     |      |                                                     |
        | 4   | B032-| <describe input> statement                          |
                01

so I think his point is that the right angle bracket is in the wrong place.
Can't get terribly excited about it ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #5657: wrong entry in sql_features

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On tis, 2010-09-14 at 12:34 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> > On 14/09/10 17:08, thommy wrote:
> >> -[ RECORD 2 ]----+---------------------------
> >> feature_id       | B032
> >> feature_name     | Extended dynamic SQL
> >> sub_feature_id   | 01
> >> sub_feature_name |<describe input statement>
> >> is_supported     | NO
> >> is_verified_by   |
> >> comments         |
>
> > Can you elaborate, what is wrong with the above? What did you expect to
> > see instead?
>
> What I see in SQL:99 is
>
>         | 3   | B032 | Extended dynamic SQL                                |
>         |     |      |                                                     |
>         | 4   | B032-| <describe input> statement                          |
>                 01
>
> so I think his point is that the right angle bracket is in the wrong place.
> Can't get terribly excited about it ...

SQL:2008 has <describe input statement>.

Re: BUG #5657: wrong entry in sql_features

От
Thomas Bahls
Дата:
Tom Lane schrieb am 14.09.2010 18:34:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>
>> On 14/09/10 17:08, thommy wrote:
>>
>>> -[ RECORD 2 ]----+---------------------------
>>> feature_id       | B032
>>> feature_name     | Extended dynamic SQL
>>> sub_feature_id   | 01
>>> sub_feature_name |<describe input statement>
>>> is_supported     | NO
>>> is_verified_by   |
>>> comments         |
>>>

>> Can you elaborate, what is wrong with the above? What did you expect to
>> see instead?
>>

> What I see in SQL:99 is
>
>         | 3   | B032 | Extended dynamic SQL                                |
>         |     |      |                                                     |
>         | 4   | B032-| <describe input> statement                          |
>                 01
>
> so I think his point is that the right angle bracket is in the wrong place.
> Can't get terribly excited about it ...

And in SQL:2003**  in fact it reads

|    |FeatureID| Feature Name               |
| 11 | B032-01 | <describe input statement> |

so it seems I was wrong and PostgreSQL did it right.
:-)

I am still curious as I found B32-01 the only entry where angle brackets
were used but who am I to doubt the standard. So thank you everybody for
the quick answers and sorry for any inconveniences.

Regards, Thommy

** got an huge PDF named
"Information technology --- Database languages --- SQL --- Part 2:
Foundation (SQL/Foundation)"