Обсуждение: postgresql installation on centOS not working

postgresql installation on centOS not working

От
Danish Siddiqui
Дата:
Im not able to install postgresql-8.1.2 on CentOS 4.1

#uname -a
 Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.9-11.EL #1 Wed Jun 8 16:59:52 CDT 2005
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks
Danish

Re: postgresql installation on centOS not working

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
Danish Siddiqui wrote:
> Im not able to install postgresql-8.1.2 on CentOS 4.1

What's the error you're getting?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Re: postgresql installation on centOS not working

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 19:23 +0530, Danish Siddiqui wrote:
> Im not able to install postgresql-8.1.2 on CentOS 4.1

"How" it is not working? What is the error message?

--=20

Re: postgresql installation on centOS not working

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
Danish Siddiqui wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Danish Siddiqui wrote:
>>> Im not able to install postgresql-8.1.2 on CentOS 4.1
>>
>> What's the error you're getting?
>>
> When I do
> #./configure
>
> it configures and shows statements that its creating the make file and
> checking all the dependencies..but then when I do
> #make
> it again starts checking for all the dependencies and this keeps on
> repeating...

Please keep the mailing list cc'd!

I'm no Makefile guru, but that sounds like an issue with modification
timestamps on the files. I'd suggest checking the timestamps on
config.status. I can reproduce that behavior if I run "touch -d
2007-01-01 configure". If that's your problem, "touch configure" should
help.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Re: postgresql installation on centOS not working

Дата:
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Danish Siddiqui wrote:
>> it configures and shows statements that its creating the make file and
>> checking all the dependencies..but then when I do
>> #make
>> it again starts checking for all the dependencies and this keeps on
>> repeating...

> I'm no Makefile guru, but that sounds like an issue with modification
> timestamps on the files. I'd suggest checking the timestamps on
> config.status.

No, just fix your system clock setting.  This is the standard behavior
seen when the source files have timestamps "in the future" according
to the system clock --- make keeps trying to generate derived files
that are newer, and yet they still seem to be out of date compared
to the sources ...

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>
>> Danish Siddiqui wrote:
>>
>>> it configures and shows statements that its creating the make file and
>>> checking all the dependencies..but then when I do
>>> #make
>>> it again starts checking for all the dependencies and this keeps on
>>> repeating...
>>>

>> I'm no Makefile guru, but that sounds like an issue with modification
>> timestamps on the files. I'd suggest checking the timestamps on
>> config.status.
>>

> No, just fix your system clock setting.  This is the standard behavior
> seen when the source files have timestamps "in the future" according
> to the system clock --- make keeps trying to generate derived files
> that are newer, and yet they still seem to be out of date compared
> to the sources ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thanks a lot...it worked

I just set the timestamp...the time on my system was 20 March 2000...

Danish