Re: postgresql installation on centOS not working

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: postgresql installation on centOS not working
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Danish Siddiqui wrote:
>> it configures and shows statements that its creating the make file and
>> checking all the dependencies..but then when I do
>> #make
>> it again starts checking for all the dependencies and this keeps on
>> repeating...

> I'm no Makefile guru, but that sounds like an issue with modification
> timestamps on the files. I'd suggest checking the timestamps on
> config.status.

No, just fix your system clock setting.  This is the standard behavior
seen when the source files have timestamps "in the future" according
to the system clock --- make keeps trying to generate derived files
that are newer, and yet they still seem to be out of date compared
to the sources ...