Re: postgresql installation on centOS not working

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: postgresql installation on centOS not working
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Danish Siddiqui wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Danish Siddiqui wrote:
>>> Im not able to install postgresql-8.1.2 on CentOS 4.1
>>
>> What's the error you're getting?
>>
> When I do
> #./configure
>
> it configures and shows statements that its creating the make file and
> checking all the dependencies..but then when I do
> #make
> it again starts checking for all the dependencies and this keeps on
> repeating...

Please keep the mailing list cc'd!

I'm no Makefile guru, but that sounds like an issue with modification
timestamps on the files. I'd suggest checking the timestamps on
config.status. I can reproduce that behavior if I run "touch -d
2007-01-01 configure". If that's your problem, "touch configure" should
help.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas