Обсуждение: Fwd: Export vaccumdb messages

Fwd: Export vaccumdb messages

От
Edgar Delgado

Hi.

How can I export the INFOS that generates from running vaccumdb? Tried ">>" but I don't receive this kind of information:

INFO:  analyzing "pg_catalog.pg_foreign_data_wrapper"
INFO:  "pg_foreign_data_wrapper": scanned 0 of 0 pages, containing 0 live rows and 0 dead rows; 0 rows in sample, 0 estimated total rows
INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_shseclabel"
INFO:  "pg_shseclabel": found 0 removable, 0 nonremovable row versions in 0 pages
DETAIL:  0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.

I need to generate a log of this and send over e-mail.

Thanks,

Re: Fwd: Export vaccumdb messages

От
Jorge Torralba
Дата:
you could do a vacuum verbose and | to tee

How can I export the INFOS that generates from running vaccumdb? Tried ">>" but I don't receive this kind of information:

INFO:  analyzing "pg_catalog.pg_foreign_data_wrapper"
INFO:  "pg_foreign_data_wrapper": scanned 0 of 0 pages, containing 0 live rows and 0 dead rows; 0 rows in sample, 0 estimated total rows
INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_shseclabel"
INFO:  "pg_shseclabel": found 0 removable, 0 nonremovable row versions in 0 pages
DETAIL:  0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.

I need to generate a log of this and send over e-mail.

Jorge Torralba
----------------------------

Note: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error and delete the copy you received. Thank You.

Re: Fwd: Export vaccumdb messages

От
Marco Nietz
Дата:
Hi,

try it like this:

vacuumdb -v > /tmp/your.log 2>&1

Best,

  Marco

Am 01.09.2015 um 19:21 schrieb Edgar Delgado:

> Hi.
>
> How can I export the INFOS that generates from running vaccumdb? Tried
> ">>" but I don't receive this kind of information:
>

> INFO:  analyzing "pg_catalog.pg_foreign_data_wrapper"
> INFO:  "pg_foreign_data_wrapper": scanned 0 of 0 pages, containing 0
> live rows and 0 dead rows; 0 rows in sample, 0 estimated total rows
> INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_shseclabel"
> INFO:  "pg_shseclabel": found 0 removable, 0 nonremovable row versions
> in 0 pages
> DETAIL:  0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
> CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.
>
> I need to generate a log of this and send over e-mail.
>

> Thanks,

Re: Fwd: Export vaccumdb messages

От
Wei Shan
Дата:
Hi,

Just for sharing. This is what I'm doing now.

Crontab
0 0 * * * su - postgres -c /var/lib/pgsql/postgres_vacuum.sh

Script
# cat /var/lib/pgsql/postgres_vacuum.sh
#!/bin/bash

echo `date` >> /var/lib/pgsql/postgres_vacuum.log

ps -aef | grep 'wal sender' | grep -v 'grep wal sender' > /dev/null

if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        /usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/vacuumdb -avz >> /var/lib/pgsql/postgres_vacuum.log 2>>&1
else
        echo "This is a postgres slave. Don't vacuum it!" >> /var/lib/pgsql/postgres_vacuum.log
fi

Hope this helps.

How can I export the INFOS that generates from running vaccumdb? Tried
">>" but I don't receive this kind of information:

INFO:  analyzing "pg_catalog.pg_foreign_data_wrapper"
INFO:  "pg_foreign_data_wrapper": scanned 0 of 0 pages, containing 0
live rows and 0 dead rows; 0 rows in sample, 0 estimated total rows
INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_shseclabel"
INFO:  "pg_shseclabel": found 0 removable, 0 nonremovable row versions
in 0 pages
DETAIL:  0 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.
CPU 0.00s/0.00u sec elapsed 0.00 sec.

I need to generate a log of this and send over e-mail.

Ang Wei Shan

Re: Fwd: Export vaccumdb messages

От
Edgar Delgado
Дата:
Thanks everyone!!

Trying out now! :D

[...]

Dumping multiple tables with pg_admin

От
koffi BADOH

Hi All,

I've just realized that  I can't dump  once  all selected tables  with pg_admin  .  is it true. ? I can't belive.
Does anyone has this issue ?
Of course I know I can dump the whole schema  but that is not the matter.

Thanks for all.
koff

Re: Dumping multiple tables with pg_admin

От
Caesar Kennedy Olima
Дата:
Hi Koff,

Do you mean pg_admin or pg_dump, or is it pgAdmin tool you are enquiring about. If you would like to dump selected tables from either a script or from the shell, then with pg_dump you have a -t (--table) option which you can can use to specify the tables you would like to dump or alternatively -T (--exclude-table) to select the table you would like to exclude from a dump. Hope that helps.

Regards,
Caesar

I've just realized that  I can't dump  once  all selected tables  with pg_admin  .  is it true. ? I can't belive.
Does anyone has this issue ?
Of course I know I can dump the whole schema  but that is not the matter.

Thanks for all.
koff

Re: Dumping multiple tables with pg_admin: I'm wrong

От
koffi BADOH
Дата:
Hi ALL,
Sorry , In fact pg_admin can select and dump tables easily.
my posting  is  a mistake .  Apologize.

Thanks again.