Обсуждение: Errorlog empty

Errorlog empty

От
"Rossi, Maria"

The errorlog is empty.   I turned on ‘log_connections’, then logged-on to the instance.  But still the errorlog is empty.  I would have expected connections would  appear at the log.

Any ideas why?

I am new to Postgres,  so please excuse my questions.

Maria

Re: Errorlog empty

От
"Gilberto Castillo"

> The errorlog is empty.   I turned on 'log_connections', then logged-on to
> the instance.  But still the errorlog is empty.  I would have expected
> connections would  appear at the log.
> Any ideas why?
> I am new to Postgres,  so please excuse my questions.
>
> Maria

My configuration:

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on  --necesita restart
log_min_duration_statement = 0
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] [%r]: user=%u '
log_checkpoints = on
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_lock_waits = on
log_temp_files = 0

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba
---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Re: Errorlog empty

От
Shreeyansh Dba

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 3:07 AM, Gilberto Castillo <gilberto.castillo@etecsa.cu> wrote:

> Hi,
> The errorlog is empty.   I turned on 'log_connections', then logged-on to
> the instance.  But still the errorlog is empty.  I would have expected
> connections would  appear at the log.
> Any ideas why?
> I am new to Postgres,  so please excuse my questions.
>
> Maria

My configuration:

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on  --necesita restart
log_min_duration_statement = 0
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] [%r]: user=%u '
log_checkpoints = on
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_lock_waits = on
log_temp_files = 0

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba

---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

In postgresql.conf file you will find some ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING parameters.
These parameters are responsible for error log generation:

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on
log_directory = 'pg_log'

Under When to log:

log_min_error_statement = error
log_min_duration_statement = 0

Under What to log:
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] [%r]: user=%u '
log_checkpoints = on
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_lock_waits = on
log_temp_files = 0

I think changing these parameters will start the error logs in the pg_log folder of your data directory.

Thanks & Regards,
Ajinkya Bangale
Database Administrator

Re: Errorlog empty

От
"Rossi, Maria"

The logging_collector is on, but I don’t know if it was restarted after it was turned on.  I did run a ‘pg_ctl reload’, but still it did not log any msgs.

Does it need an actual restart?  I cannot simply do that because this is production, has to be scheduled.

Thanks.

Maria

> The errorlog is empty.   I turned on 'log_connections', then logged-on to
> the instance.  But still the errorlog is empty.  I would have expected
> connections would  appear at the log.
> Any ideas why?
> I am new to Postgres,  so please excuse my questions.
>
> Maria

My configuration:

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on  --necesita restart
log_min_duration_statement = 0
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] [%r]: user=%u '
log_checkpoints = on
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_lock_waits = on
log_temp_files = 0

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba

---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

In postgresql.conf file you will find some ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING parameters.

These parameters are responsible for error log generation:

log_destination = 'stderr'

logging_collector = on

log_directory = 'pg_log'

Under When to log:

log_min_error_statement = error

log_min_duration_statement = 0

Under What to log:

log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] [%r]: user=%u '
log_checkpoints = on
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_lock_waits = on
log_temp_files = 0

I think changing these parameters will start the error logs in the pg_log folder of your data directory.

Thanks & Regards,
Ajinkya Bangale
Database Administrator

Re: Errorlog empty

От
Igor Neyman
The logging_collector is on, but I don’t know if it was restarted after it was turned on.  I did run a ‘pg_ctl reload’,
butstill it did not log any msgs.

Does it need an actual restart?  I cannot simply do that because this is production, has to be scheduled.

Thanks.

Maria

After ‘pg_ctl reload’ you can check current value of any parameter (including logging_collector) by issuing:

Show <parameter_name>

i.e.: show logging_collector;

Regards,
Igor Neyman

Re: Errorlog empty

От
"Rossi, Maria"
Дата:
It is 'on'.

postgres=# show logging_collector;
 logging_collector
-------------------
 on
(1 row)

postgres=#

Maria

The logging_collector is on, but I don’t know if it was restarted after it was turned on.  I did run a ‘pg_ctl reload’,
butstill it did not log any msgs.

Does it need an actual restart?  I cannot simply do that because this is production, has to be scheduled.

Thanks.

Maria

After ‘pg_ctl reload’ you can check current value of any parameter (including logging_collector) by issuing:

Show <parameter_name>

i.e.: show logging_collector;

Regards,
Igor Neyman

Re: Errorlog empty

От
Igor Neyman

What about other parameters?
Log_destination
Log_filename
Log_directory
Log_connections
Log_disconnections

Regards,
Igor Neyman

Re: Errorlog empty

От
"Rossi, Maria"
Дата:
Igor,

Here's the other  'log' configs:   Thanks.

postgres=# show log_destination;
 log_destination
-----------------
 stderr