Re: Errorlog empty

От Shreeyansh Dba
Тема Re: Errorlog empty
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 3:07 AM, Gilberto Castillo <gilberto.castillo@etecsa.cu> wrote:

> Hi,
> The errorlog is empty.   I turned on 'log_connections', then logged-on to
> the instance.  But still the errorlog is empty.  I would have expected
> connections would  appear at the log.
> Any ideas why?
> I am new to Postgres,  so please excuse my questions.
>
> Maria

My configuration:

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on  --necesita restart
log_min_duration_statement = 0
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] [%r]: user=%u '
log_checkpoints = on
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_lock_waits = on
log_temp_files = 0

Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo
La Habana, Cuba

---
This message was processed by Kaspersky Mail Gateway 5.6.28/RELEASE running at host imx3.etecsa.cu
Visit our web-site: <http://www.kaspersky.com>, <http://www.viruslist.com>

Hi,
In postgresql.conf file you will find some ERROR REPORTING AND LOGGING parameters.
These parameters are responsible for error log generation:

log_destination = 'stderr'
logging_collector = on
log_directory = 'pg_log'

Under When to log:

log_min_error_statement = error
log_min_duration_statement = 0

Under What to log:
log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]: [%l-1] [%r]: user=%u '
log_checkpoints = on
log_connections = on
log_disconnections = on
log_lock_waits = on
log_temp_files = 0

I think changing these parameters will start the error logs in the pg_log folder of your data directory.

Thanks & Regards,
Ajinkya Bangale
Database Administrator