Re: Errorlog empty

От Rossi, Maria
Тема Re: Errorlog empty
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Shreeyansh,  Scott,

Thanks for responding.  Here’s the value of a couple  log parms

gp07> psql -d postgres -c"show log_file_mode"

log_file_mode

---------------

0600

(1 row)

gp07> psql -d postgres -c"show log_filename"

log_filename

---------------

gp07error.log

(1 row)

gp07> psql -d postgres -c"show logging_collector"

logging_collector

-------------------

on

(1 row)

Also, we have a monitor that checks the errorlog.  This monitor appends the current log to an archive file (example,  errorlog.201503), then touch a new ‘error.log’.  After  the touch, the new errorlog is not written to anymore, until postgres is bounced.     I should also note that  new error.log is owned by the monitor ID:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 psgdba dbagroup     298 Mar 13 05:43 gl07error.log

dbagroup members are:  psgdba and instance-owner.

Thanks.

Maria A Rossi

Database Administration

PGDS (US)