Обсуждение: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От
Rune Gullstrom
Дата:
Hi,

I'm very new to postgres. I've been searching the net for a solution to connect to our Oracle (11g) databases.
What are my options if I install postgres 9.2 on a window server?
The only options I see (e.g. on fusion forge) seem to be for postgres on linux/unix,

regards,

Rune

Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От
Raghu Ram

I'm very new to postgres. I've been searching the net for a solution to connect to our Oracle (11g) databases.
What are my options if I install postgres 9.2 on a window server?
The only options I see (e.g. on fusion forge) seem to be for postgres on linux/unix,

Below URL provide more information about database link from Oracle to PostgreSQL:

Thanks & Regards
Raghu Ram

Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От
Christian Ullrich
Дата:

<http://oracle-fdw.projects.pgfoundry.org/>

--
Christian

Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От
Rune Gullstrom
Дата:
Thanks Christian,

I found this one, downloaded it but it seems this is for postgressql on unix/linux not for postgresql on windows,
right?

regards,

Rune

I'm very new to postgres. I've been searching the net for a solution to
connect to our Oracle (11g) databases.
What are my options if I install postgres 9.2 on a window server?
The only options I see (e.g. on fusion forge) seem to be for postgres on
linux/unix,

<http://oracle-fdw.projects.pgfoundry.org/>

--
Christian

Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От
Christian Ullrich
Дата:
* Rune Gullstrom wrote:

> I found this one, downloaded it but it seems this is for postgressql on
> unix/linux not for postgresql on windows,
> right?

Well, I have not used it myself, but just from looking at the download
page I think it works on Windows, too. It looks like they have no binary
packages for 64-bit Windows available, so if your server is of that
sort, you probably have to build it yourself anyway.

Here is a link to a discussion on the same topic:
<http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/oracle-fdw-general/2012q4/000065.html>

--
Christian

Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Christian Ullrich wrote:
> * Rune Gullstrom wrote:

> [oracle_fdw]
>> I found this one, downloaded it but it seems this is for postgressql on
>> unix/linux not for postgresql on windows,
>> right?
>
> Well, I have not used it myself, but just from looking at the download
> page I think it works on Windows, too. It looks like they have no binary
> packages for 64-bit Windows available, so if your server is of that
> sort, you probably have to build it yourself anyway.

It should work on 64-bit Windows, but I have no such machine to build it.
I'd be happy to publish binaries if somebody can build them.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От
Christian Ullrich
Дата:
* Albe Laurenz wrote:

> It should work on 64-bit Windows, but I have no such machine to build it.
> I'd be happy to publish binaries if somebody can build them.

Every time I go up against what passes for a PostgreSQL build system on
Windows, I am pleasantly surprised that it is not half as fragile as it
looks.

I now have working 64-bit builds of oracle_fdw.dll for both 9.2 and 9.3,
built against the respective git branches. The only thing is, I'm not at
all conversant with the build environment required for portable
extension modules. I have been using Visual Studio 2012; do I have to
build with 2008 to avoid runtime library clashes, or is that not an
issue here?

Rune, if you want to try my DLLs, I'll be happy to send them to you.

postgres=# select version();
                            version
  PostgreSQL 9.3.1, compiled by Visual C++ build 1700, 64-bit
(1 row)

postgres=# create extension oracle_fdw;
CREATE EXTENSION
postgres=# create server oradb foreign data wrapper oracle_fdw options
(dbserver '//oracle.local/orcl');
CREATE SERVER
postgres=# create user mapping for postgres server oradb options (user
'hr', password 'hr');
CREATE USER MAPPING
postgres=# create foreign table oradepts (department_id integer not
null, department_name varchar(30) not null, manager_id integer,
location_id integer) server oradb options (table 'DEPARTMENTS');
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
postgres=# select * from oradepts;
  department_id |   department_name    | manager_id | location_id
---------------+----------------------+------------+-------------
             10 | Administration       |        200 |        1700
             20 | Marketing            |        201 |        1800
             30 | Purchasing           |        114 |        1700
             40 | Human Resources      |        203 |        2400
             50 | Shipping             |        121 |        1500
             60 | IT                   |        103 |        1400

Christian

Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От
Albe Laurenz
Дата:
Christian Ullrich wrote:
> * Albe Laurenz wrote:
>> It should work on 64-bit Windows, but I have no such machine to build it.
>> I'd be happy to publish binaries if somebody can build them.
>
> Every time I go up against what passes for a PostgreSQL build system on
> Windows, I am pleasantly surprised that it is not half as fragile as it
> looks.
>
> I now have working 64-bit builds of oracle_fdw.dll for both 9.2 and 9.3,
> built against the respective git branches. The only thing is, I'm not at
> all conversant with the build environment required for portable
> extension modules. I have been using Visual Studio 2012; do I have to
> build with 2008 to avoid runtime library clashes, or is that not an
> issue here?

I don't know enough about Windows to answer this, but I use
Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (7.1)
to build my binaries.

As far as I know, that is an outtake from Visual Studio, but
I don't know which version it corresponds to.

Do your DLL work with the PostgreSQL binaries that EnterpriseDB offers for
download?  If yes, then I'd be interested in publishing them.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe