Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Connecting to Oracle from Postgresql 9.2 on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Christian Ullrich wrote:
> * Albe Laurenz wrote:
>> It should work on 64-bit Windows, but I have no such machine to build it.
>> I'd be happy to publish binaries if somebody can build them.
>
> Every time I go up against what passes for a PostgreSQL build system on
> Windows, I am pleasantly surprised that it is not half as fragile as it
> looks.
>
> I now have working 64-bit builds of oracle_fdw.dll for both 9.2 and 9.3,
> built against the respective git branches. The only thing is, I'm not at
> all conversant with the build environment required for portable
> extension modules. I have been using Visual Studio 2012; do I have to
> build with 2008 to avoid runtime library clashes, or is that not an
> issue here?

I don't know enough about Windows to answer this, but I use
Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 (7.1)
to build my binaries.

As far as I know, that is an outtake from Visual Studio, but
I don't know which version it corresponds to.

Do your DLL work with the PostgreSQL binaries that EnterpriseDB offers for
download?  If yes, then I'd be interested in publishing them.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe