Обсуждение: Getting "ident" to work in Windows

Getting "ident" to work in Windows

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Hi,

I'm trying to enable "ident" authentication on my Windows machine using PostgreSQL 9.1

However as soon as I add the following line to pg_hba.conf

    host    all             all             ::1/128            ident sameuser

I get an error message when trying to login (after a server reload of course)

    psql: FATAL:  could not load pg_hba.conf

It is precisely that line above. As soon as I remove it I can logon again (with a username/password of course).

I did verify that my connections are done through IPV6.

Here is the current content of my pg_hba.conf:

--------- snip ----------
# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5

# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128              md5
--------- snip ----------

Ideally I would like to make "ident" to work with a custom map but using "ident tkmap". But that throws the same error
whichisn't really surprising as "ident tkmap" is not working either.

Is ident not supported on Windows? I could not find anything related to that in the manual.

Regards
Thomas

Re: Getting "ident" to work in Windows

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to enable "ident" authentication on my Windows machine using
> PostgreSQL 9.1
>
> However as soon as I add the following line to pg_hba.conf
>
>   host    all             all             ::1/128            ident sameuser

"sameuser" was removed in PostgreSQL 8.4. Now you just use "ident" if
you want that behavior.

It probably told you this in the logfile when you did reload - for
security reasons, the details of the error are never given to an
unauthenticated client.

> Ideally I would like to make "ident" to work with a custom map but using
> "ident tkmap". But that throws the same error which isn't really surprising
> as "ident tkmap" is not working either.

ident map=tkmap

is what you want. See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/auth-methods.html#AUTH-IDENT

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Getting "ident" to work in Windows

От
"ktm@rice.edu"
Дата:
On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 01:57:47PM +0200, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to enable "ident" authentication on my Windows machine using PostgreSQL 9.1
>
> However as soon as I add the following line to pg_hba.conf
>
>    host    all             all             ::1/128            ident sameuser
>
> I get an error message when trying to login (after a server reload of course)
>
>    psql: FATAL:  could not load pg_hba.conf
>
> It is precisely that line above. As soon as I remove it I can logon again (with a username/password of course).
>
> I did verify that my connections are done through IPV6.
>
> Here is the current content of my pg_hba.conf:
>
> --------- snip ----------
> # TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD
>
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
>
> # IPv6 local connections:
> host    all             all             ::1/128              md5
> --------- snip ----------
>
> Ideally I would like to make "ident" to work with a custom map but using "ident tkmap". But that throws the same
errorwhich isn't really surprising as "ident tkmap" is not working either.

> Is ident not supported on Windows? I could not find anything related to that in the manual.
>
> Regards
> Thomas

I believe that that is the case. There is no Windows ident support.

Regards,
Ken

Re: Getting "ident" to work in Windows

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM, ktm@rice.edu <ktm@rice.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 01:57:47PM +0200, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to enable "ident" authentication on my Windows machine using PostgreSQL 9.1
>>
>> However as soon as I add the following line to pg_hba.conf
>>
>>    host    all             all             ::1/128            ident sameuser
>>
>> I get an error message when trying to login (after a server reload of course)
>>
>>    psql: FATAL:  could not load pg_hba.conf
>>
>> It is precisely that line above. As soon as I remove it I can logon again (with a username/password of course).
>>
>> I did verify that my connections are done through IPV6.
>>
>> Here is the current content of my pg_hba.conf:
>>
>> --------- snip ----------
>> # TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD
>>
>> # IPv4 local connections:
>> host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
>>
>> # IPv6 local connections:
>> host    all             all             ::1/128              md5
>> --------- snip ----------
>>
>> Ideally I would like to make "ident" to work with a custom map but using "ident tkmap". But that throws the same
errorwhich isn't really surprising as "ident tkmap" is not working either.

>> Is ident not supported on Windows? I could not find anything related to that in the manual.
>>
>> Regards
>> Thomas
>>

> I believe that that is the case. There is no Windows ident support.

There should be ident support for Windows. Just not over local
connections ("peer") - since local connections are not supported.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Getting "ident" to work in Windows

От
Thomas Kellerer
Дата:
Magnus Hagander, 04.05.2012 15:22:
>> I'm trying to enable "ident" authentication on my Windows machine using
>> PostgreSQL 9.1
>>
>> However as soon as I add the following line to pg_hba.conf
>>
>>    host    all             all             ::1/128            ident sameuser
>
> "sameuser" was removed in PostgreSQL 8.4. Now you just use "ident" if
> you want that behavior.

Thanks, I somehow missed that.

> It probably told you this in the logfile when you did reload - for
> security reasons, the details of the error are never given to an
> unauthenticated client.

No, I only got the could not load pg_hba.conf" error message.

>> Ideally I would like to make "ident" to work with a custom map but using
>> "ident tkmap". But that throws the same error which isn't really surprising
>> as "ident tkmap" is not working either.
>
> ident map=tkmap
>
> is what you want. See
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/auth-methods.html#AUTH-IDENT

I still get an authentication error but probably that's because ident is indeed not available on Windows.
It's not that important as I just wanted to play around with it.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Thomas