Обсуждение: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

От
bakkiya
Дата:
Hi,
We have postgresql9.0 in our Linux server. We are continously getting "could
not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp": No such file or
directory" message in the db log file.We have data/pg_stat_tmp directory in,
but pgstat.tmp file is not ppresent in this directory.Can someone tell us
why this error messgae is logged?

Thanks.

Re: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

От
Tim

I don't know but I would try this first:
touch pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp
chmod 0777 pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp
ls -halZ pg_stat_tmp

We have postgresql9.0 in our Linux server. We are continously getting "could
not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp": No such file or
directory" message in the db log file.We have data/pg_stat_tmp directory in,
but pgstat.tmp file is not ppresent in this directory.Can someone tell us
why this error messgae is logged?

Thanks.

Re: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 6:28 AM, bakkiya <bakkiya@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have postgresql9.0 in our Linux server. We are continously getting "could
> not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp": No such file or
> directory" message in the db log file.We have data/pg_stat_tmp directory in,
> but pgstat.tmp file is not ppresent in this directory.Can someone tell us
> why this error messgae is logged?

The file is being opened for write.

Permissions? Space? Kernel settings?

Re: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

От
bakkiya
Дата:
postgresql/data/pg_stat_tmp> df -h .
/dev/xvdb1            197G   16G  171G   9% /pub

postgresql/data/pg_stat_tmp> touch a
novell@s210:/pub/var/opt/novell/sentinel/3rdparty/postgresql/data/pg_stat_tmp>
ls -rtl
total 96
-rw------- 1 novell novell 91898 2011-06-15 23:36 pgstat.stat
-rw-r--r-- 1 novell novell     0 2011-06-15 23:36 a

/postgresql/data/pg_stat_tmp> uname -a
Linux s210 2.6.32.12-0.7-xen #1 SMP 2010-05-20 11:14:20 +0200 x86_64 x86_64
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Space,permission are not an issue.

Thanks.

Re: Re: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:44 AM, bakkiya <bakkiya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Space,permission are not an issue.

Then presumably you have your stats_temp_directory parameter set to a
path where that is not true.

Re: Re: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

От
Rafael Martinez
Дата:

Re: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

От
bakkiya
Дата:
No, we run postgres with the novell user only.

Re: Re: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

Дата:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 7:44 AM, bakkiya <bakkiya@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Space,permission are not an issue.

> Then presumably you have your stats_temp_directory parameter set to a
> path where that is not true.

But the error message is showing the specific file path that the stats
collector tried to open.

I'm wondering whether the OP is confused about which data directory
is in use.  It's pretty hard to explain "No such file or directory"
by any theory other than that pg_stat_tmp isn't really there in the
server's CWD.

            regards, tom lane

Re: could not open temporary statistics file "pg_stat_tmp/pgstat.tmp"

От
bakkiya
Дата:
I have set  stats_temp_directory to postgresql/data/pg_stat_tmp, but still
this message is coming and also  created pgstat.tmp file in that location
manually, but this file is getting removed automatically in few minutes.

postgresql/data/pg_stat_tmp> touch pgstat.tmp
-rw------- 1 novell novell 92446 2011-06-16 21:23 pgstat.stat
-rw------- 1 novell novell     0 2011-06-16 21:23 pgstat.tmp

postgresql/data/pg_stat_tmp> ls -rtl
total 96
-rw-r--r-- 1 novell novell     0 2011-06-15 23:36 a
-rw------- 1 novell novell 92446 2011-06-16 21:23 pgstat.stat
-rw------- 1 novell novell     0 2011-06-16 21:23 pgstat.tmp

postgresql/data/pg_stat_tmp> ls -rtl
total 96
-rw-r--r-- 1 novell novell     0 2011-06-15 23:36 a
-rw------- 1 novell novell 92446 2011-06-16 21:23 pgstat.stat

Any idea?
Thanks.