Обсуждение: viewing results in terminal on RedHat 6.1

viewing results in terminal on RedHat 6.1

От
"Campbell, Lance"

Postgres: 9.x

On RedHat 4.x when I would access Postgres through a terminal for command line queries if the results of a queries exceeded more than 50+ lines I would still see the results after pressing “quit”.  On RedHat 6.1 Workstation when I see queries that exceed some threshold 50+ when I press “quit” the screen clears away the results so that I can no longer see them.

I also notice this behavior when I ssh into a server running postgres 8.4.x.  So the behavior seems to be isolated to Redhat 6.1 not the version of Postgres.

Does anyone know how to tell RedHat 6.1 Workstation to not do this?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Software Architect/Project Manager/DBA

Web Services at Public Affairs

217.333.0382

http://illinois.edu/toolbox

Re: viewing results in terminal on RedHat 6.1

От
Brett Parker
Дата:
On 03 Jun 12:49, Campbell, Lance wrote:
> Postgres: 9.x
> On RedHat 4.x when I would access Postgres through a terminal for command line queries if the results of a queries
exceededmore than 50+ lines I would still see the results after pressing "quit".  On RedHat 6.1 Workstation when I see
queriesthat exceed some threshold 50+ when I press "quit" the screen clears away the results so that I can no longer
seethem.

> I also notice this behavior when I ssh into a server running postgres 8.4.x.  So the behavior seems to be isolated to
Redhat6.1 not the version of Postgres.

> Does anyone know how to tell RedHat 6.1 Workstation to not do this?

It seems that that's actually a problem with the pager (and it's not
really the pagers fault either)...

I'd guess you're using less as the pager, if so try (before starting
psql) doing:

    LESS="-X"
    export LESS

If that "fixes" it for you, the issue is that the termcap init/deinit
for your terminal clears the output.

Cheers,
--
Brett Parker

Re: viewing results in terminal on RedHat 6.1

От
"Campbell, Lance"
Дата:
Brett,