Re: viewing results in terminal on RedHat 6.1

От Campbell, Lance
Тема Re: viewing results in terminal on RedHat 6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Brett,
Thanks!  That did it.

Lance

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Brett Parker
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 8:32 AM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] viewing results in terminal on RedHat 6.1

On 03 Jun 12:49, Campbell, Lance wrote:
> Postgres: 9.x
> On RedHat 4.x when I would access Postgres through a terminal for command line queries if the results of a queries
exceededmore than 50+ lines I would still see the results after pressing "quit".  On RedHat 6.1 Workstation when I see
queriesthat exceed some threshold 50+ when I press "quit" the screen clears away the results so that I can no longer
seethem.

> I also notice this behavior when I ssh into a server running postgres 8.4.x.  So the behavior seems to be isolated to
Redhat6.1 not the version of Postgres.

> Does anyone know how to tell RedHat 6.1 Workstation to not do this?

It seems that that's actually a problem with the pager (and it's not really the pagers fault either)...

I'd guess you're using less as the pager, if so try (before starting
psql) doing:

    LESS="-X"
    export LESS

If that "fixes" it for you, the issue is that the termcap init/deinit for your terminal clears the output.

Cheers,
--
Brett Parker