Обсуждение: DB Import Error...

DB Import Error...

От
"Senthil Kumar G"

Hi

I am upgrading my staging environment from postgresql 8.2.3 to 9.0.3.

I was able to do successfully.

But, when i try to import the database which is created in 8.2.0 version to 9.0.3 version environment, i am getting following error.

ERROR:  constraint "xxxx” for relation "xxxx” already exist

when i query it was not found.

What could be the reason? What should i do to resolve this?

Appreciate your quick answer.

Thanks & Regards

Senthil

Re: DB Import Error...

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
"Senthil Kumar G" <senthil@zoniac.com> wrote:

> I am upgrading my staging environment from postgresql 8.2.3 to
> 9.0.3.
>
> I was able to do successfully.

> [errors while applying dump to new database]

> What could be the reason? What should i do to resolve this?

The recommended upgrade technique is to us pg_dump (or pg_dumpall)
from the newer version (9.0.3 in this case) to access the old
database (running the 8.2.3 server in this case).  If you followed
some other procedure, like using the 8.2.3 software to dump the
database, you should try the recommended approach instead.

I generally dump in plain text format (the default) and pipe it to
psql.

-Kevin

Re: DB Import Error...

От