Re: DB Import Error...

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: DB Import Error...
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Senthil Kumar G" <senthil@zoniac.com> wrote:

> I am upgrading my staging environment from postgresql 8.2.3 to
> 9.0.3.
>
> I was able to do successfully.

> [errors while applying dump to new database]

> What could be the reason? What should i do to resolve this?

The recommended upgrade technique is to us pg_dump (or pg_dumpall)
from the newer version (9.0.3 in this case) to access the old
database (running the 8.2.3 server in this case).  If you followed
some other procedure, like using the 8.2.3 software to dump the
database, you should try the recommended approach instead.

I generally dump in plain text format (the default) and pipe it to
psql.

-Kevin