Обсуждение: Please, help me configuring RFT

Please, help me configuring RFT

От
TRAN THI NGOC MAI
Дата:
Please, help me!
I install postgresql to configuring RFT. But when I start postgresql and start globus container, I get error in the log
file
Here is the result when I type command:
------------------
[root@linux01 globus]# /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
Stopping postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
[root@linux01 globus]# /etc/init.d/globus-4.0.3 restart
Stopping Globus container. PID: 15812
Container stopped
Starting Globus container. PID: 16162
[root@linux01 globus]#
--------------------

And here is the $GLOBUS_LOCATION/var/container.log:
-----------------------
2009-07-26 11:58:46,205 INFO  exec.RunQueue [main,initialize:68] Starting state machine with 18 run queues.
2009-07-26 11:58:49,037 ERROR service.ReliableFileTransferImpl [main,<init>:68] Unable to setup database driver with
pooling.Backendstart-up failed: FATAL:  database "rftDatabase", OID 17142, has disappeared from pg_database

2009-07-26 11:58:49,844 WARN  service.ReliableFileTransferHome [main,initialize:97] All RFT requests will fail and all
GRAMjobs that require file staging will fail.Backend start-up failed: FATAL:  database "rftDatabase", OID 17142, has
disappearedfrom pg_database

Starting SOAP server at: https://192.168.1.112:8443/wsrf/services/
With the following services:

[1]: https://192.168.1.112:8443/wsrf/services/AdminService
[2]: https://192.168.1.112:8443/wsrf/services/AuthzCalloutTestService
---------------------------------
I don't know how to add my database (rftDatabase) to pg_database

Thank!

TRAN MAI

      Đặt ngay địa chỉ email mới!
Lấy ngay địa chỉ email bạn từng muốn có trước khi có người khác nhanh tay hơn!
http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/vn/

Re: Please, help me configuring RFT

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
TRAN THI NGOC MAI <ttnmai1979@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Stopping postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]
> Starting postgresql service:                               [  OK  ]

So it appears that PostgreSQL is working OK.  Right?

> 2009-07-26 11:58:49,037 ERROR service.ReliableFileTransferImpl
> [main,<init>:68] Unable to setup database driver with
> pooling.Backend start-up failed: FATAL:  database "rftDatabase", OID
> 17142, has disappeared from pg_database

I don't know anything about RFT or globus, but this looks like it
might be Java.  If so, perhaps this will help:

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/83/index.html

If not, perhaps you should ask on a list related to configuration of
the parts which are failing.  From what you've shown us, PostgreSQL
itself is working fine.

-Kevin

Re: Please, help me configuring RFT

Дата:
> TRAN THI NGOC MAI <ttnmai1979@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> 2009-07-26 11:58:49,037 ERROR service.ReliableFileTransferImpl
>> [main,<init>:68] Unable to setup database driver with
>> pooling.Backend start-up failed: FATAL:  database "rftDatabase", OID
>> 17142, has disappeared from pg_database

> If not, perhaps you should ask on a list related to configuration of
> the parts which are failing.  From what you've shown us, PostgreSQL
> itself is working fine.

No, "database has disappeared from pg_database" isn't exactly working
fine --- at the very least it suggests that the flat-file copy of
pg_database is out of sync with the actual table.  He hasn't shown
us anything to suggest how that got messed up, but I'd bet on either
pilot error or initscript malfeasance.

Since there's apparently not yet any valuable data in this installation,
a re-initdb might be the easiest fix.  I'm worried to just leave it at
that, though, since if we don't identify what happened to pg_database
it's likely to happen again.

            regards, tom lane