Обсуждение: Kerberos 5 build error

Kerberos 5 build error

От
"mcelroy, tim"

Greetings,

Has anyone run into this issue? I'm trying to configure PostgreSQL 8.01 in
order to retrofit the pgAdmin3 admin module. In my configure script I use
--with-krb5 and have also added the following upon reading other
suggestions: --with-libs=/usr/kerberos/lib
-with-includes=/usr/kerberos/include
But I still get the following error:

checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... no
configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_en crypt' required for
Kerberos 5

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Kerberos 5 build error

Дата:
"mcelroy, tim" <tim.mcelroy@bostonstock.com> writes:
> Has anyone run into this issue? I'm trying to configure PostgreSQL 8.01 in
> order to retrofit the pgAdmin3 admin module. In my configure script I use
> --with-krb5 and have also added the following upon reading other
> suggestions: --with-libs=/usr/kerberos/lib
> -with-includes=/usr/kerberos/include
> But I still get the following error:

> checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... no
> configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_en crypt' required for
> Kerberos 5

What platform is this, and where does it actually keep its Kerberos
libraries?  It sounds like you are missing libcrypto or libk5crypto ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Kerberos 5 build error

От
"mcelroy, tim"

Thank you for the prompt reply.

This is a Linux platform, I downloaded Kerberos into /usr/include/heimdal and do find the krb5_encrypt function within krb5-protos.h in that directory.  I have added it to my configure script but still get the same error.  I am just trying to add in the admin module to pgAdmin3 and need the configure to finish properly so I can get the $libdir path set correctly.

Tim

> Has anyone run into this issue? I'm trying to configure PostgreSQL 8.01 in
> order to retrofit the pgAdmin3 admin module. In my configure script I use
> --with-krb5 and have also added the following upon reading other
> suggestions: --with-libs=/usr/kerberos/lib
> -with-includes=/usr/kerberos/include
> But I still get the following error:

> checking for library containing krb5_encrypt... no
> configure: error: could not find function 'krb5_en crypt' required for
> Kerberos 5

What platform is this, and where does it actually keep its Kerberos
libraries?  It sounds like you are missing libcrypto or libk5crypto ...

                        regards, tom lane

Re: Kerberos 5 build error

Дата:
"mcelroy, tim" <tim.mcelroy@bostonstock.com> writes:
>> What platform is this, and where does it actually keep its Kerberos
>> libraries?  It sounds like you are missing libcrypto or libk5crypto ...

> This is a Linux platform, I downloaded Kerberos into /usr/include/heimdal
> and do find the krb5_encrypt function within krb5-protos.h in that
> directory.  I have added it to my configure script but still get the same
> error.

The .h file is not relevant to this problem, it's the .so file that is
the problem.  Where did you put libcrypto.so or libk5crypto.so?  Also,
if you put the includes in /usr/include/heimdal, it's highly unlikely
that --with-includes=/usr/kerberos/include is going to help when you
do get to that part of configure ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: Kerberos 5 build error

От
"mcelroy, tim"

The libcrypto.so and libk5crypto.so files are in:

/usr/kerberos/lib and /usr/kerberos/lib64  I added them into the config script with the '-with-libs......'

no luck.

>> What platform is this, and where does it actually keep its Kerberos
>> libraries?  It sounds like you are missing libcrypto or libk5crypto ...

> This is a Linux platform, I downloaded Kerberos into /usr/include/heimdal
> and do find the krb5_encrypt function within krb5-protos.h in that
> directory.  I have added it to my configure script but still get the same
> error.

The .h file is not relevant to this problem, it's the .so file that is
the problem.  Where did you put libcrypto.so or libk5crypto.so?  Also,
if you put the includes in /usr/include/heimdal, it's highly unlikely
that --with-includes=/usr/kerberos/include is going to help when you
do get to that part of configure ...

                        regards, tom lane

Re: Kerberos 5 build error

Дата:
"mcelroy, tim" <tim.mcelroy@bostonstock.com> writes:
> The libcrypto.so and libk5crypto.so files are in:
> /usr/kerberos/lib and /usr/kerberos/lib64  I added them into the config
> script with the '-with-libs......'
> no luck.

You'll need to look into the config.log file to see exactly why it's
failing, then.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Kerberos 5 build error

От