Обсуждение: Rule for updating ipaddress on insertion

Rule for updating ipaddress on insertion

От
"Krishnendra Nandi"

Could you please tell me how do i record information as to which ip address the connection was when doing an update/insert in postgres..
I need a trigger which would capture this information

Thanks and Regards
Krishnendra Nandi
Hewitt Associates India (Pvt.) Ltd.
Unitech World
Sector-39, Gurgaon
Haryana-India

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

Re: Rule for updating ipaddress on insertion

Дата:
"Krishnendra Nandi" <krishnendra.nandi@hewitt.com> writes:
> Could you please tell me how do i record information as to which ip
> address the connection was when doing an update/insert in postgres..
> I need a trigger which would capture this information

In recent PG releases this info is available, see "Session Information
Functions" here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/functions-info.html

            regards, tom lane

Re: Rule for updating ipaddress on insertion

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:26:25PM +0530, Krishnendra Nandi wrote:
> Could you please tell me how do i record information as to which ip
> address the connection was when doing an update/insert in postgres..
> I need a trigger which would capture this information

In 8.0 and later you could use inet_client_addr().  See "System
Information Functions" in the "Functions and Operators" chapter of
the documentation for other such functions.

If you just need the IP address stored somewhere, but not necessarily
in a table, then you could tweak the server's logging options.

--
Michael Fuhr