Re: Rule for updating ipaddress on insertion

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Rule for updating ipaddress on insertion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:26:25PM +0530, Krishnendra Nandi wrote:
> Could you please tell me how do i record information as to which ip
> address the connection was when doing an update/insert in postgres..
> I need a trigger which would capture this information

In 8.0 and later you could use inet_client_addr().  See "System
Information Functions" in the "Functions and Operators" chapter of
the documentation for other such functions.

If you just need the IP address stored somewhere, but not necessarily
in a table, then you could tweak the server's logging options.

--
Michael Fuhr